Poindexter Resigns!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Backtothemac, Jul 31, 2003.

1. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

2. macrumors 601

zimv20

3. macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-<whew>

That man was probably the scariest man in the government for the last 25 years.

Very Orwellian attitude, J.Edgar Hoover paranoia and means to monitor for that paranoia, and damn good at staying quiet and out of the spotlight so as to keep doing what he was doing.

What scares me now is that there is no way he's out of the dark side of intel - it's not his style to quit. He's just leaving the spotlight again by resigning.

Where's he going? We won't know for a while.

I'm not worried about the civillian leadership, they have elections and term limits. It's these military lifers in intel positions that get me.

4. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    who said wishes don't come true.....:D

buh-bye...and don't let the screen door hit your butt on the way out poinzy.

5. macrumors 601

zimv20

especially because, knowing darpa, it's one high-tech screen door.

6. macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-zimv20

Yes, we all do owe DARPA a continual thanks for inventing the foundation of the Internet. (being serious here)

7. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The real scary part is that the old Admiral was back in government and most of us didn't even know it. You'd think with his past maybe somebody would have had enough good sense not to bring him back!

8. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And Al Gore for having the incredible foresight to see its potential and making sure it was allowed to continue development and spread to universities.

He's the perfect addition to Apple's board; he has a Jobs-like vision.

9. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

As much as I agree with you, I think he would have made an even better addition to the White House around January 2001.

10. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yes, that vision might have resulted in a president who doesn't answer most questions by starting with the phrase, "these are bad people."