Point of Sale Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yarngrrl, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yarngrrl macrumors member

Apr 26, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Anyone know of any good, relatively cheap (under $1500), software for point of sale for small retail? We are currently using Quickbooks Point of Sale on PCs, but I'd like to switch over to Macs; however, QBPOS isn't available for Mac. (Not that I'd really like to continue to use it anyway. POS doesn't just stand for Point of Sale in this case ;) )
    Any suggestions, or ones to avoid?
  2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
  3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    There is also POS*IM from Ensign Software

Yarngrrl: my wife is looking for supply of wool suitable for rug hooking. PM me if your business handles this.

"Hooking. The most fun you can have on a rug."
  4. flyingmachine macrumors newbie

Apr 20, 2008

I highly reccommend avoiding POSIM. Probably one of the worst experiences i've had ever. Their sales staff will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to make the sale (even if the program is not appropriate for your kind of business). Once you get things set up and begin to discover the issues the tech support then can't remedy the problems (even simple things like getting the receipts to print your store logo without being distorted). You will also find out that many of the functions they told you it would do cannot happen without purchasing third party interface programs.

IMPORTANTLY, they will not take back their product when you realize it's not going to do what you need done for your business and you have been mislead. They won't even take back the hardware peripherals even though it states on their website that they will. Actually, they won't refund your One Year Premium Tech support fee of $900. that you've only used for two weeks to no avail.

Hope this posting saves others from such a frustrating experience and having $4,000. flushed down the hopper.
  5. dukedeech macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2008

POS-IM is actually a very good product. I have been using the software for over 15 years, and have enjoyed using the software. With POS-IM I can integrate with accounting software, manage all of my vendors, customers, and inventory, and I can run really useful reports. POS-IM makes my job easy. We have a toy store and have been with POS-IM for a long time. We have been with them through the good and bad, but it always ends up working for the best. If you had a bad experience it is probably due to your lack of effort to learn the system. They have great training options, you just have to be willing to take the time to learn. All new software programs you buy take time to learn. If you don't put in the effort you will always fail. Visit POS-IM's website and see for your self. www.posim.com.
  6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Jan 16, 2008
    Bristol, UK

I'm sorry, but you have GOT to work for POS-IM.

That is the most blatant attempt at self-marketing I've read in ages.

I can't imagine this is within the terms and conditions of this site.
  7. dukedeech macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2008
    terms and conditions.

I was not aware that it was against the "terms and conditions" to praise a software that you are very happy with and have been using for longer than most people stay with their wife. I have been in the toy industry selling books and educational toys for almost twenty years. I will admit that POS-IM has had some growing pains, but they have worked through them. That is what I like about them is they are old and have listened to their customers over the years.

As far as self promoting...well how do we know that Mr. Flyingmachine isn't working for some competition harping on POS-IM?
  8. portent macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2004

So...do you, in fact, currently work for the company that produces POS-IM?

Your account was only registered today, and have only posted the two testimonials in this thread. Please tell us, do you work for the company, or not?
  9. jamie329 macrumors member

Jun 18, 2005
  10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Look at the date of the original request for information on this topic, and wonder to yourselves why I'm closing this thread...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.