Pointer towards making images in UIImageView appear full screen when clicked on.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by gwelmarten, Sep 10, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi
    I have a UIImageView in my application. I want to make it so that when you click on the UIImageView, the photo appears full screen as it does when you click on a photo in the Photos app.
    What I want to know is if Apple released an API for doing this - I've seen apps like the wired app do it, where you click on a photo and it goes full screen - what's this called? So I can research it.

Thanks,

Sam

2. macrumors 68000

Reason077

There isn't a "built-in" way to do this in the iOS SDK, but there's probably plenty of open-source components you can use to do it.

For example, the TTPhotoViewController in the Three20 library.

3. macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Do NOT use Three20 Library, it's really old and so big.. and in my opinion, not all that handy. For showing images, i'd recommand MWPhotoBrowser, lovely class that I used in alot of apps, and quite easy to customise if you have some coding experience :) Also with pictures that you can stream from the net, or locals. your call :)

4. macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

Look at Apple's PhotoScroller sample code.

Depending on what else you need related to images making an imageView full screen is just a matter of setting its frame. Probably you want it inside a scroll view, but maybe not.

5. macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Might be worth having a look at the Quicklook Framework.

/QLPreviewController_Class/

Sure it's there to present many different Document types, but it does handle images pretty well.