Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jMc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2001
London N8, Late-16th Century
I have two batteries for my PB - a good one with 3hrs+ battery life and a bad one with 1hr- battery life.

A bean to whoever can guess which one's eligible for the recall. :(

jx

This post is sponsored by Irrelevance.com.

Fedge

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2006
Not that I'm reccomending this, but when apple ships you the new battery, you don't HAVE to send the old one back. Keep it. Use it in emergencies, understanding that if something were to happen, you'd be, well, screwed.

I kept my original the last time the PowerBooks had a battery recall. I use it every so often, but I do so cautiously. Just a thought.

jMc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2001
London N8, Late-16th Century
SilentPanda said:
I believe they charge you if you don't return the defective one.

Well, I guess it *could* get lost in the post... but I don't think I'll risk it - I hardly ever use the good battery anyway (hence why it's still got good battery life), and tend to keep it for special occasions. Maybe the fact I don't use it much directly relates to the fact it hasn't inexplicably melted on my tender parts...

Do you guys want any particular type of beans by the way? :)

jx

Fedge

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2006
During the last recall, I was not charged for failing to send the defective battery back. I guess I can't speak for the new recall, only from my own experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.