Poisoned P2P - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ColoJohnBoy, Aug 26, 2003.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I just downloaded the Poisoned P2P and it seems great so far. Simple interface, huge file selection. Does anybody have experience with it and how to speed up the downloads? I have a 1.5 Mbps cable connection, but the files are downloading as fast as they would on a 28.8 Kbps connection. is this the program, or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice, tips, or experiences with the program would be helpful and much appreciated.

2. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Don't mean to post so much, but I'm also curious as to what the typical speeds are for downloads. I know it depends on the speeds of both connections, but does anybody find an average speed in all their downloads?

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

There are several threads on this.

First I posted my tip on those threads.
    yeah...

There is no 'typical' download its all different users and different files.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

MrMacMan and I are both registered to Poisoned's forums. If you are having trouble with Poisoned, post a question in those forums.

BTW: I also have a 28.8K connection (actually, something slower :(), and files transfer at around 2.xKB/s.

The thing is, the fastest a transfer will go is the slowest connection speed from either end of the transfer. Don't forget about evil network traffic. :eek:

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Really, I forget what username your under over there...

*whoops*