Poisoned v. 3 = Kazaa for mac (no compiling!)

Discussion in 'New Mac Application Announcements' started by AHDuke99, Jul 18, 2003.

1. macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Now, for those who could never get giFT compiled before, Poisoned has the giFT daemon built in, you can have the Fasttrack, OpenFT, and Gnutella rigth at your fingertips. OpenNap coming soon.

2. macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Poisoned v. 3 = Kazaa for mac (no compiling!)

Posioned v .3 has been released, and includedes precompiled versions of giFT and giFT-FastTrack...no more downloading from cvs servers and compiling in the terminal....

http://www.gottsilla.net/software.php?site=poisoned

3. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I am hearing VERY good things about his app.

Wow this could be really good. A Mac p2p app with no spyware. That's killer enough right there.

4. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

its a pretty good app. its just too bad that p2p sucks in general anyways. p2p is in a horrible state, is completely unreliable and slow. give me bittorrent or give me death.

5. macrumors 65816

benixau

we lazy
    give us link

please :D

6. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

7. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Link! I'm downloading it now...

Thanks for the heads up, AHDuke99!

irmongoose

8. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Its good, I have been using like .131 because in .2 I don't like the menu's...

in .3 is FastTrack and Gnutella already installed, if so that would kick!

9. macrumors member

So far, all I get is "waiting" and no downloads.

Bittorrent is bad, your IP is reported to the BSA and then they label it pirate. REAL bad if you have a static.

10. macrumors regular

oh boy. stats! lots and lots of download stats!

seems to work much more reliably than mlmac so far.

11. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

It is because it runs mainly on OpenFT, which is made much better then mlMac.

edit: BTW, it looks like it STILL doesn't have FastTrack compiled anyway, look I only see OpenFT listed on my connected networks. :rolleyes:

12. macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

FastTrack is compiled into it, I downloaded the app yesterday...the great thing about the giFT daemon is the way it operates, setting up an http proxy server on your computer instead of directly using the fasttrack and gnutella ports, which my campus network blocked after the RIAA went after RPI (our big football rivals, and neighboring school)...with giFT you can still download right around the firewall!

PS thanks for merging the threads mods, i didn't notice the other when I posted

13. macrumors 65816

Stike

I just started it and I get no connections anywhere. No firewall installed/active. Strange.
    Does the connection take some time?

14. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i hope this is good. i hate limewire, and aqusution only connects to 5 servers.

15. macrumors member

amazing..

Works amazingly. Connects to fasttrack super quick, and gets tons of files available. All the downloads I have tried get good speed around 40k/s. Awesome software!

16. macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yeah, bittorrent rox! too bad all the tracker sites go down a week after they're put up :(. There are also rumors that the MPAA is starting to track people down on bt.

17. macrumors 65816

Stike

Re: amazing..

Do you have a hint for me... it just doesn´t work. There are zeros everywhere, I click conntect, but not one connection is displayed. Searches yield no results either.

EDIT: I figured it out. I used "GiFTBox" once and it updated the ft-daemon. I get connections now with Poisoned :p :)

18. macrumors member

Re: Re: amazing..

Hmmm.... Well I didn't do anything special to get it working. I did no do any compiling of GiFT or any of that. One thing that may help you is to do procedure written right bellow the download Poisioned link on the site listed in this thread. It is basically a short terminal procedure that deletes a file that may cause problems. But other than that all I did was boot up the app and it connected to all the networks right away. Good luck. Check the screenshot --- TONS of files on the Fasttrack network!!

EDIT: I did NOT change any pref's at ALL in the application. I am not sure if you did change your pref's, or if that could mess it up possibly. But I didnt change anything, including changing the download/upload folder. Hence the screenshot showing only 1 file shared! I guess it would be worth a shot to trash the app and its pref's and reinstall it again. Maybee try it first without changing any settings/prefs to see if you have any luck. Once again, I have no idea if you did/ didnt change anything so forgive me if you havent done this, or already havent tried this.

Attached Files:

• shot.jpg
      shot.jpg
      File size:
      81.4 KB
      Views:
  19. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Re: Re: amazing..

damn, I have files in my .gift folder (hidden) so I'll see if deleting them will let me get access finally!!!

20. macrumors 65816

Stike

Re: Re: Re: amazing..

I use Tinkertool, so I didn´t need the Terminal to delete an invisible folder. I trashed the old giFT Folder, and the Poisoned Prefs too!
    Suddenly it works!
    Thank you ecino! :D

Attached Files:

21. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

cool, I trashed the old stuff and it works... but does anyone know why I can't seem to share files?

It is kinda weird and has been syncing files forreevverr. :rolleyes:

22. macrumors 65816

Stike

Hmmmm!!!
    It is still syncing here, but I am not wondering - I guess over 10.000 files take a while :eek: ;)

23. macrumors 68040

mac15

thanks now it works, they really need to let people know that you must trash your old prefs and the .gift folder

24. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

yeah, they should tell people that.

And version .31 need fast sync.

25. macrumors member

Awesome, nice to see everyone is able to enjoy the software now. Man there are tons of files on fasttrack!