Pokemon on Wii looks REALLY SWEET

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jun 21, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

2. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

HOLY **** THAT'S AMAZING!!

& I thought Pokemon Yellow for Gameboy was amazing :p

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye I remember seeing that some days ago :) tis very nice looking! the pokemon look awesome and the humans look better. Kyogre! (that how you spell it? been a long time since I played Ruby) looks stunning.

pity that console Pokemon games are little to be desired :eek: but with Diamond and Pearl on the DS and this on the Wii, battling wirelessly through the Wii is going to be great. especially seeing that D&P are to be online. just so many possibilities :)

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Although the graphics do look pretty good, I'm not interested in Pokemon games ala Colleseum...I prefer games like Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red...is this game supposed to be like that?

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hmm, I just had a thought about this. Game Freak didn't focus on the console Pokemon titles because they lacked something only the handhelds had - communication. that was always a big thing about Pokemon. battling and trading etc. though now the Wii goes online I think this opens up the floodgates for a huge Pokemon adventure. that would just be ace.

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah never understood why they cant have all the adventuring and the colluseum battles all in 1 game?

With Wii wifi it could be amazing, BUT as this is a launch title in Japan anyway, it may be too soon a deadline to implement.

7. stunna macrumors member

I'm waiting for a pokemon MMO
    That'd be amazing on the wii network, if its going to have one.

8. Kimi macrumors regular

I hope this isn't needed to get all them on the DS games, I'm not getting a Wii any time soon, and don't want to end up with a dud game because of it...

Hell, why can't they give me a Pokémon game that lets me catch them all on one cart for a change? Or two carts. None of this road show crap or anything. I want to catch them with out having to go anywhere. I don't like having to resort to cheat carts.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You can catch everything on Emerald and either Fire Red/Leaf Green.

10. Kimi macrumors regular

Can you catch every single one? (all the Mew like ones too?) With out anything else? I've not look to much at the GBA generation, too much school going on so I skiped them to the DS.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

yup. everyones on there in some way or another. for the full shibang you need to get one of those Card Readers for the GBA, Nintendo used to dole out tickets to unlock Mew and co. dont know how you would get those now :) but yea. Fire Red had about 8 islands for players to hunt down pokemon in the GBC games, Fire Red is just a remake of the 1st game. and Emerald has all the new ones.

12. technocoy macrumors 6502a

technocoy

holy hell...

that looks great. An i don't even like pokemon

13. Kimi macrumors regular

No, you missed what I was getting at. I mean walk about a cave and get Mew in the game. Not need an extra cards or anything, all inclosed on that one (or two) cart(s) that I can play and fill the 'Dex.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nintendo slipped up

I think i've twigged one of the Wii's secrets ;)

This is a launch title in Japan right? Pokemon Diamond and Pearl aren't coming out till next year. those characters (human and Pokemon) are from Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Put them together anyone?

The Wii will be able to connect to GBA systems. That's not a theory. that's a fact that Nintendo just slipped out. It could be in any form from using the GBA/GC link cable to having a GBA/GB slot in the front hatch.

now give me a prize.

15. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

16. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Looks pretty sweet. Although, when it comes to the classic Nintendo Pokemon games I was always more of a portable gaming Pokemon gaming fan vs. the console games for Pokemon. I liked the whole journey idea on the portable gaming versions.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

when my head is a little more alive I'll repost that ;) I've had to try and sort out reams of MySQL coding and everything looks like a dream at the moment. bear with me! unless someone can translate.
    why did my hosting have to blow up :(

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

This makes me want to play some GBA really bad!

(or at least Pokemon on the DS)

19. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

If you ever have MySQL or PHP questions just shoot me a private message... I'd be glad to help out however I can. :)

20. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

that's what I was thinking... I won't be buying it as I've no interest in Pokemon, but its still a testament to the growing attributes of the Wii.

I'm getting really quite excited about it.... and I'm traditionally not a Nintendo fan!