Pokemon

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Creibold, Apr 21, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Creibold

Hello everyone! The new Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come out tomorrow, and I was just wondering who all here is going to go out and buy one of them, or two!! (Yes, it's been ten years now :p )

2. macrumors Core

Dagless

I bought Pearl and Diamon for me and Caroline. I thought FF3 was a good RPG! I'm hooked. Thought it was standard Pokemon fare until the Underground bit!

Yea awesome game. My code is James - 2492 0597 1043 12 hours in, 2 gym badges (taking my sweet time), all Pokemon around lv20-25.

3. macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I've got Diamond and I'm around where James is at. I think I've played an hour or two more though. It's so easy to just mess around on the side quests!

3179-2571-6512

Daniel.

4. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'm playing diamond and my son's playing pearl. We're both also just around the second gym.

Haven't got wifi working yet (it won't take my WEP key).

B

5. macrumors 68000

seenew

I've got Diamond, but haven't set up my wifi yet.
    I just beat the 4th gym.

Prinplup lvl 32
    Alakazam lvl 31
    Ponyta lvl 27
    Chartot lvl 26
    Cranidos lvl 26
    Geodude lvl 21 (HM slave :p)

I higly recommend Alakazam for the fourth gym, if you can teach it shock wave (it's a TM I found). I beat all the trainers and the gym leader with JUST him, and didn't have to use any potions or other healers. It was awesome.

6. macrumors Core

Dagless

Hah, I have a Geodude as a HM Slave too. Swampert was my last one :(

Frankly my dear I love everything in this game. Especially the trainer battle music, there are little melody bits in that I keep listening out for.

Anyone up for a trade? I can send you starters you didn't pick?

7. macrumors 68040

ghall

Me want Pokemon Diaomond. :)
    But, I can't get it yet, can't spend my money until I get a chance to take out the girl I like.
    Ha ha, I have a life. :)

8. macrumors 68000

seenew

Ha, my girl is in school hours away. I don't get to take her out until the summer. So yeah, I have some cash to spend.

And when you play this game, you will understand obsession.

9. macrumors 604

zap2

Got it last Sunday, at have a 27, 26 and 25. So far its a great game, however my DS lite has finally got a broken hidge....but now I'll get a new one(great cuz my D-Pad is getting a bit worn out!)

Guess I'll be using the DS phat soon

10. macrumors Core

Dagless

I had a play on my classic DS for kicks, I find it's actually a very nicely designed system. The speakers are much better than the Lites and I much prefer the SP style buttons. Less dead zone to push through.

My Caroline is 30 hours in now :D or should that be :eek:

11. macrumors 68020

This actually that good?

It doesn't look there's anything amazingly great about this game besides the WiFi. :rolleyes:

Granted I bought both games so I can play with my sister :D Will try it when I go home and actually get back to my DS.

12. macrumors 604

zap2

no questions in my mind, the buttons on the old one are better IMO, the D-Pad moves around to much for my liking on the Lite....but the screen!!! Its so nice!

13. macrumors 603

SkyBell

I'll be buying it soon, But it's not at the top of my list (unlike when I was younger :))

14. macrumors 604

zap2

It should be, you can't out grow on the the best game ever!!

15. macrumors 6502a

sb58

got all 8 badges. i have a level 50 Dialga and 59 Empoleon. I'm going to trade my 100 Charizard and 50 Zapdos from Leafgreen so i'm nice and balanced. and my WoW Friend may hook me up with a 100 mew. sweet.

and my WiFi isn't working very well atm... i don't even know my friend code :(

BTW: does anyone know where i can get Waterfall? these online guides say Nasagi City but that doesn't exist on this version XD

16. macrumors Core

Dagless

Haha, so true. I graduate university in about 6 weeks with a First Class Degree, b-b-b-but Pokemon :eek:

How do you improve on perfection? Check the Gamefaqs or Metacritic scores on the GBA games, such a highly rated series. If they play with the formula too much they run the risk of breaking it. The game size is already 64mb, imagine that with 3D models for all 500 Pokemon :eek:

17. macrumors 6502a

sb58

thats why there's Pokemon Stadium :D
    which i'd love to see a new version of. Wii version? all 492 pokemon? it would rock.

18. macrumors Core

Dagless

19. macrumors 6502a

sb58

20. macrumors 604

zap2

Battle Revolutions looks really good....with the whole DS to Wii thing working so well, since its all done wirelessly!

edit-my code

0086 8842 8895 named Rob

21. macrumors 68020

Pokemon Stadium was on 64 MiB catridge (and probably didn't use every single megabyte), according to Wikipedia. The DS cartridge can get as large as 128 MB, from last I heard. 3D Pokemon would've been a nice start, but that's not I'm going for. Pokemon the TV show (early on when I was 10 year old and actually kept up with it) had a lot more interaction between the Pokemon and the trainer. Would've been nice to have Pokemon that are more personal. Granted, I haven't played the DS one quite yet, so I'll hold judgement.

22. macrumors Core

Dagless

There's a lot of interaction now, like a clear way of finding out if your Pokemon likes you, the photo booth place, the "contests". It's all adding up, but I agree there should be more interaction as a whole. And sticking a fire spewing horse in a 1x1 piece of tall grass shouldn't happen.

Added Rob and Daniel :D

23. macrumors 6502a

sb58

i don't get the whole random encounters... i just found a wild steelix on Victory Road, and that thing weighs nearly a ton. how could i have just happened upon it? wouldn't that thing take up damn near the entire cavern?

btw, ingame, your character is incredibly short. go to the pokedex, pick a random pokemon, and do a height comparison or w/e. you're only like 4'8"
    thats ridiculous XD

24. macrumors 65816

it5five

I just bought Pearl today, but what I really want is just simple remake of Red and Blue for DS. I have NO idea what is going on with these new Pokemon, and a lot of my peers (early 20's) agree. I want to use the Pokemon I grew up with without all of these new ones in my way.

That said, Pearl and Tetris will probably own my DS this summer since I just finished finals. :)

25. macrumors Core

Dagless

They remade Red and Blue as FireRed and LeafGreen for the GBA a couple of years ago. It's basically the original games, designed to get GBA players able to bring across the old Pokemon. They included a series of islands once you beat the game too so you could capture the whole Gold/Silver Pokemon. It's a huge game and tons of fun :)