Poker For Mac???

Discussion in 'Games' started by DFA1979, Sep 2, 2005.

1. DFA1979 macrumors newbie

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

You can also use PokerRoom and Bugsysclub. Checkandraise was also working on mac compatibility but not sure what happened with that.

http://www.pokerroom.com
    http://www.bugsysclub.com

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

pokerroom.com is as good as any site out there, and has really grown to offer a very full range of games and tournaments with lots of active players. Been playing there on and off for almost 2 years and I see no reason to go anywhere else. :)

4. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I find that poker played against a computer will really throw off my game against real people. I'd suggest playing online.

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'll second PokerRoom. My wife plays there (from Linux, mostly. I've tested it from OS X, too) and has been playing with real money for awhile now. She turns a small profit (averaging $5 a day or so), which isn't really worth speaking of, but I guess if you can get paid for doing something you would do for free then you're doing ok. :)

6. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

7. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

never heard of bugsy's club. Is it any good? How many ppl play on it?

8. 70chip macrumors newbie

Bugsy's is a very nice site. The compeling reasons I play there over Pokerroom are:
    1) they have FreePlay multitable tourneys daily.
    2)Daily Freerolls
    3) Ability to build a bankroll without a deposit by winning Bugsy Bonus Point (frequent player points) that are then redemable for real money.
    4) Free Play rankings

9. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

You can also play on the other sites that use Pokernetwork (Pokerroom.com), which are:

betonbet
    Hollywood Poker
    Bayou Poker

They all play using the same rooms. The only difference is that they all have better customer service than Pokerroom does.

10. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I've been using Pokerroom.com for a couple years and love it - I only use "play" money though :p

allison.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

yeah bugsyclub is my favorite for mac. very easy to use...both free and not.

12. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

I play a lot of online poker, mostly Full Tilt. No Mac client, but I have a PC on an island (no mouse, KB or montor) that I connect to via Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connction for the few games and applications I need a PC to play.

I hate Pokerroom.com ... too many idiots eager to get into arguments. Lots of taunting, tight players who whine whenever they get a bad beat, loose players who can't shut up. There's some of that on everyone online site, but Pokerroom.com is by far the worst.

GameGrid isn't bad, but there are few tournaments (my preferred way to play.)

13. benwa02 macrumors 6502

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

True, but you can always just turn off the chat. :)