Poker Game

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MyMadness, Nov 30, 2006.

1. MyMadness macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend a good Texas Hold 'Em game for Mac OS X? Thanks

2. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

online games are fun too, like PokerRoom.com (i think that's it)

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

yeah i play at full tilt. playing for play is kinda.. boring..

4. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Even if you're not looking to play for real money, I'd try Full Tilt. I've been playing there for a while now, and I've been happy with the site. If you're looking for a program to play offline, I'd recommend Poker Academy Pro.

5. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Ditto. Its an amazing piece of software. Its more like having an all seeing and all knowing professor give you tips on everything from betting to folding to bluffing and even playing too many hands and sniffing out other peoples bluffs. And it keeps track of all types of situations and you can even set up situations to see what the outcome would be. They used to have a free download. If they still do, Id recommend giving it a shot.

6. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Exactly. If you're truly looking to study the game and improve upon specific areas, Poker Academy Pro will allow you to do that. In that respect, it's a great program to use, and I use it as well. However, on the other hand, I think the experience you gain from actually playing in real situations (be it online or elsewhere) are invaluable in becoming better overall, and that's why I'd recommend just playing online against real opponents.