Poker Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gimili79, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gimili79 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to get into online poker, but I'm not doing too well, anyone have any ideas on how to get better without losing a lot of money?

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Arent there some free sites you can practice with "virtual money" and once you get good you can move up to using real money?

3. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

You signed up on a Mac forum to ask a poker question? :D

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You'd do best to practice a lot with software and on free sites. There are people out there who actually make their livings by playing online poker, so it's not just a bunch of friends around the kitchen table out there.

Good luck.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    When you play poker, look around the table for the sucker. If you don't see him, you are sitting in his seat.

7. achie25 macrumors 6502

http://www.amazon.com/Poker-Academy...sr_1/104-2823406-7214321?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

hands down the best software I have used. Very cheap and customizable. Determine the type of AI you want to play against. Can have various types at the table. Tracks all of you hands and tells you your tendencies pre-flop, and post-flop and on the river.

Also links to an online community where you can play for PAX (play $$) that you have to earn by placing in the money in Free Roll Tourneys. After you get PAX you then have to grow and protect your bankroll (PAX) in other tourneys or cash games.

Very good software.