Police back John Kerry over Bush

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SPG, May 16, 2004.

1. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

press release

The International Brotherhood of Police Officers (IBPO) endorsed John Kerry on Friday. The union endorsed George Bush in 2000. But IBPO President David Holway said that "after three and a half years of disappointing leadership under George Bush, we need to change course in November and elect a President with a real record of supporting police officers and a lifetime of standing with law enforcement."

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Who the heck are THEY??? They sound like a right bunch of spooks. :eek:

3. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

What really annoys me is how these people couldn't see what an incompetent idiot George was when he was governor of TX. Geesh. I considered voting for him based on what my father told me about him. Then I read about what he did in TX. The man (if we dare insult men by calling him that) has no respect for human life. That is what I recall most. There were other things like his record on education.

The best predictor future behavior is past behavior. Big surprise. Georgie still has no respect for human life and he has not screwed education on a national level.

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

One of the largest unions representing police officers.

5. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

I thought that was the FOP... Fraternal Order of Police. Have I been watching Law & Order for too long? :eek:

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

As in most professions and occupations there are more than one union trying to represent them. Here are both organization's web sites.

International Brotherhood of Police Officers

Fraternal Order of Police

And this isn't all of the unions who represent cops. I used to be a teamster and we had cops in some locals. The union movement is a crazy hodgepodge of organizations.

7. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

THanks for the info!