Police foil planned abortion clinic bombing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 9, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

i'm glad he was stopped, obviously, but i did note that not once did the word "terror" or "terrorist" appear in the article.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Right around the corner. Too effing close to home.

I hope he rots in jail.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's because he's a religious nut, not an environmental nut. Had he been going after new housing developments, or a lot full of SUVs, he would have been labeled a terrorist for sure.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's funny, I read that earlier and was thinking the same thing. I kept waiting for them to use the term terrorist. Same thing with Timothy McVeigh. They didn't start calling him a terrorist until recently it seems.

Kinda like that whole "find" vs. "loot" thing. In and of itself, not such a big deal. But it does say something if you think about it.

5. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I love the title,"police foil..." The idiot had a friend store the bomb at his mothers house and it went off and burned the place down. Sure the cops picked up the marbles but they didn't foil much. Anyway, the story was on the news and when I saw it I couldn't help feeling sorry for the mother of the bombers friend. Hopefully these two will be going away for a long time.

Edit: Opps, now I seem to remember it went off while they were trying to disarm it, so I guess the police did foil it.