Police Kill Contractors in NO

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clayj, Sep 4, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Great. So now we have 5 - 8 dead people in New Orleans, contractors who were on their way to do some repair work... shot not by looters, but by the police.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

3. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

CNN.com now reports "AP: Army Corps of Engineers says its contractors were not killed by police, but gunmen who fired at them were killed."

4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

There's lots of contadicting news. I heard about this one, but its a rumor as far as I'm concerned.
    The news reported this morning that 2 police commited suicide yesterday.
    60 now confirmed dead.

5. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

Obviously there's some confusion down there in NO... which leads me back to Point 1 of my plan concerning how New Orleans should be put to rest:

"1. Evacuate everyone from New Orleans, and I mean EVERYONE. Use the National Guard to cordon off the city."

Now, they OBVIOUSLY have not done this... if they had, they'd be more secure in knowing that there were no bad guys around who might need to be shot, and the police could back off on the "shoot first, ask questions later" policy that seems to be in place right now.

Hell, if I were a contractor, I'd rather be in Iraq than New Orleans right now. What a Charlie Foxtrot.

6. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

All major news stations now backing the story as you put it.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

True looks like some thugs were firing on the good guys and the cops took em down.

8. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    so many cover ups in this fiasco. i heard about the killings on tv from a reporter ( one of the few that are worth anything) and he seems to have heard it pretty directly...not saying i believe him, but, how many things sound as if they have been complete spin ?