Police: Mother kills girl with bleach

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jsw, Jan 14, 2005.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

From CNN:

Despicable.

2. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

WTF? :eek:

Sounds like the right-wing-god-fearing-insane-from-too-much-religion USA. :rolleyes:

So what is the big deal? So what the girl had sex, it's biological - happens sooner or later.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Might as well have sex at 6 years old since it will happen or later. Should we all die now since it will happen sooner or later?
    :rolleyes:

Well anyway, I am hoping the death sentence. It was stupid though of the daughter to blurt out that she wasn't a virgin anymore. At least she was being honest.

4. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

thats horrifying, i can believe anyone would do that especially to a child! :eek:

5. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Like to shift the matter to suite your subjective logic? :rolleyes:

6. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

:rolleyes:

7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Sounds like the left-wing-god-hating-insane-from-too-much-government-intervention USA. :rolleyes:

Because afterall she is obviously a wack job!
    Put her a way for life!

8. spikeovsky macrumors member

spikeovsky

Can't we just agree on the "insane" bit? :(

9. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Yes. Who would kill their own children by poisoning them and asphyxiating them? (Rhetorical question alert!)

11. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Really sad and sicking that a mother would do that to her child. I understand the whole sex/virgin thing and her being upset about that, but you do not kill someone for that. I hope they lock her up and throw away the key or something :( :mad:

12. 3Memos macrumors 6502

At 12, I was still trying to get the nerve up to talk to a girl. So sad that she lost her virginity so early, and so sad her mom went to looney-land.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

In America, both the left and right are intolerable, so lets drop it. ;)

Even if the mother made her daughter drink bleach and left it at that, at least she wouldn't have died. It really doesn't make sense to want to kill your kids that badly after this incident unless she has already thought about it, possibly for some other things her daughter had done in the past already. And glaring at your son and telling him that she'd kill him too......hmmm

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

This is a terrible event. The way I look at it is if the daughter had sex at age 12 then there is more to this story. Probably huge family issues, I would imagine abuse or something along those lines. And the mother acting the way she did just fits in with the category of highly dysfunctional family if you ask me. I think death penalty by drinking Clorox would suit this mother just fine, save the jail space for someone else.

jon

15. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

So drinking the bleach alone would not have been fatal? But the mother sitting on her is what really killed her? Or a combination of both?

But again a very disturbing story. 12 year old having sex. Mother forces child to drink bleach and then sits on her thus killing her. :(

EDIT: Nevermind just finished reading the article. She stopped breathing as a result of the mom sitting on her. I really should finish reading the story :eek:

16. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

17. pcdoctor macrumors member

Something tells me this was a single parent home.

18. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    One thing that concerns me here is what effect it will have on other young girls trying to find the courage to tell their mother that they have had sex and now they either have an STD or are pregnant.

Much of the advice given out to kids in that position is to tell their parents. It's emphasised that although they're likely to be cross, you're still their daughter and they will help you. Years of pushing that message goes with this case - tell your mother, and she'll kill you (literally!)

pcdoctor, it may have been a single parent home but I doubt that was the only reason for this. It must have been dysfunctional in some other way. There are plenty of single parents who manage to raise kids without them having underage sex, dealing/taking drugs, truanting school. I know several with kids who have gone to university, have good jobs, happy families.

19. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Well, now I'm officially ashamed to be from Alabama. We're not all like this, I swear. I'm about an hour west of B'ham too. And yes, this probably was a single parent home. In the bad part of Birmingham.

20. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

True, but would putting it off had made it any better? And being 12, the girl was probably petrified about what happened, and was worried about it. Thinking "mom" would be caring and supportive of her daughter's honesty and fear, she told her, probably looking for advice. That's just sick that anyone would do that to a child... :( :mad:

21. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

What on God's green earth would give you that idea? :rolleyes:

Daniel

22. emw macrumors G4

emw

I can't think of anything much more disturbing. As a parent, I can't even imagine the thought of losing either of my children, let alone killing them.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Such a sad situation. For a mother to commit such a heinous act, there must have been a lot more going on with the family dynamics. There is no punishment of Earth that could cover this.

I also feel for the 9 year old, having to watch this. Now he has lost a sister and mother. Hopefully there will be a loving family member to adopt him. Would hope that her way of dealing doesn't run in the family. He will need years of counseling. :eek: :(

24. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

I doubt daughter was petrified. Probably said it in anger or to get mom angry. I wonder if she said it just to get some reaction. I wonder if she really might have been a virgin (that portion of the girl's medical condition isn't in the article) or had she been assaulted by someone she trusted (clergy or teacher)
    Yes, it is shame it occurred (all the way around).