Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vidiot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Hi,

I am sure this has been asked here in the past, I could not find the thread.. Anyway I will throw it out there again,

What is the policy of putting FC Studio on your desktop and your laptop?? (one license) Is that even possible??

Thanks,
Mike M.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I think it's allowed as long as you don't run them at the same time.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Yes You Can Install & Run FCS On Both Your Desktop & Mobile Mac

What is the policy of putting FC Studio on your desktop and your laptop?? (one license) Is that even possible??
Not simultaneously on the same network. But the liscense says you can install it and run on both. Fine Print. So if you want to run both at once, disconnect one from your local network. ;)

vidiot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Hello,

Thanks for the quik reponses.. Now that i know the answer, what about updates to the software on the two machines, if you have one online and update, and then later on you have the other online, will it update the software again??

Thanks,
Mike M

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hello,

Thanks for the quik reponses.. Now that i know the answer, what about updates to the software on the two machines, if you have one online and update, and then later on you have the other online, will it update the software again??

Thanks,
Mike M

i don't that matters b/c you're just updating. the only issue will be the bandwidth and dload speeds for the updates. if you're worried, update one...wait til it's done, then update the other.

btw, using 2 machines at the same is called 'concurrent' license.

>shudders as he remembers his days of software licensing<

:)

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
If you run FCP on 'concurrent' license on the same network, using the same license. FCP will inform you that another machine on the network is using that license.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.