Policy Shifts Felt After Bolton's Departure From State Dept.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 20, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

But if "the second Bush administration wants to adopt a different approach to dealing with the rest of the world", why has it proposed Bolton for the UN job? :confused:

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm sorry, are you looking for things to make sense?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Wheres the link zim? Sorry just a little blind :rolleyes: How many years later? G.D. Politicians. Instead of just doing whats right allways playing their games. Discusting. Nukes are to important for this kind of crap.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i don't understand

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Forget it my fault, Nukes should be our prime concern. everything else is just small fry. To think its taking this long is just more lazyness from everyone involved. We arent doing enough nor are our Allies.

7. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

This is typical behavior for NeoCons. The President presents himself as a person who wants nothing but good things and advocates certain things in the media. However, behind the scenes, a person like Bolton is installed to make sure that nothing happens and no resolutions are met.

An effective UN is an impediment to the US more easily going to war. Put in a person like Bolton, and you have someone who will make it impossible for the UN to function properly. If Bolton can prevent the UN from acting for long enough, the UN can be ridiculed for being an ineffective organization.

With Bolton gone, the problem of excess nuclear material seems to have come to a surprisingly quick end. Given Boltons track record, was that a problem that the NeoCons really wanted solved? It makes me wonder.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Bolton's nomination was unable to muster the 60 votes needed to stop debate today with the continued refusal of the WH to provide the info the Senate is asking for.

And if Bush had wanted Bolton replaced with another like him he easily could have.

9. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Boltons loyalty and willingness to do anything asked of him are already proven though. That is why the NeoCon inner circle has so many familiar faces, even after they have had scrapes with the law. G Gordon Liddy comes to mind, among others.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It seems like Bolton was taking things farther that even the Prez wanted at State. Perhaps Bush wants to move Bolton to a place where he can bluster but not interfere with State Department affairs.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

U.N. needs a good cleaning,reform and a ,a, babysitter. Bolton isnt a Baby sitter.