polished metal top in firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Muzukun, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Muzukun macrumors regular

H'lo

I've been using safari but recently I've been hearing that firefox is a wee bit better, so I'm giving it a try as of late, however I've gotten incredibly used to seeing the safari layout. So far I have a theme that makes firefox look exactly like safari, just with the exception of the top of the program, it's still a regular grey while safari is a polished/buffed/whatever metal, is there any way to get the top of firefox to look like it does in safari? Thanks!

2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

3. Muzukun thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, I tried that one before, I'm using GrApple (Brushed) it's practically a mirror of safari but with the exception of the very top bar (where the red green and yellow buttons are). Is there a way to change that bar's color/look so it has the brushed metal look?

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

that has to be done at the application level, not with a theme. since firefox isn't written to be a brushed metal app you'd have to use something to actually just skin that one app... not sure what that app is called.. shapeshifter or something like that.. not sure if it just does one app or not though

5. Muzukun thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, gave the app a try and all, couldn't really find something that emulated the brushed metal style that everything else had though =/ I'll give it more of a shot, if you or anyone else could suggest a theme that pretty much looks like safari, or gives everything the brushed metal look that'd be great :)

6. bubbamac macrumors 6502

7. JoeUK macrumors member

8. Muzukun thread starter macrumors regular

that's the one I use, love it :)

silly question, is there a way to use that themeing program for OS X yet only have it change the top of one program? Whenever I click onto another program it makes the bar at the top of the main monitor look polished too and I really don't like it that way =p