Political: Apple's New Highland Village Retail Store in Houston Hit by Gunfire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by KingJosh, May 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

KingJosh

from all the things I hear from Apple haters I am surprised it wasn't a suicide bomber lol. They are more religiously against Apple than the terrorists are against westerners.

2. balamw, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Please post political posts related to the mac blog story in this thread and abide by the PRSI rules.

B

3. balamw, May 1, 2012

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Please post political(*) posts related to the mac blog story in this thread and abide by the PRSI rules.

(NOTE: "Political" here applies to: "Threads and posts on controversial political, religious, and social issues are to be limited to the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum, and made only by those eligible for that forum." as per the rules)

B

4. macrumors 68020

Second amendment or not, we need better gun control laws in our country. Is Texas really that far separated from the rest of us that it's still the wild west there?

5. macrumors 65816

striker33

Its for reasons like this that the rest of the world made stereotypes about Americans.

No sane country would sell dangerous weapons so freely.

6. macrumors regular

Mutually-Assured Destruction, down to the last man. It's MAD. ;)

Looks like Apple uses laminated or safety glass of some sort. Just wondering: Are there laws governing what kind of glass shopfronts can use?

7. macrumors 603

Menel

Yes, **** that document, and abandon the ideals that sealed us our freedom from tyranny and formed our great prosperous nation who does some of the most charitable works abroad. Shred it!!!! I like how youre a patriotic role model!!

8. macrumors 603

Menel

boredom.

In the city, lots to do.

In the boondocks? Drink, f..., and shoot things. Why those areas also often have some of the highest teenage pregnancies.

----------

No sane country would think to pick on the greatest empire of all time, an empire, a world power, so powerful and massive that the sun never sets upon its lands.

And win.

But we did :)

Dont worry, many forget Texas's other well known love.... Justice :)

9. macrumors 68020

macingman

America greatest empire empire of all time? Hardly. Think Romans, Greeks, British commonwealth. All of these conquered a huge part of the world. USA is one country and has only a few hundred million people. There are countries with a billion plus.

And also the greatest empire is trillions of dollars in debt? :O. Im no America hater but you have to face facts.

10. macrumors member

If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns. This is a truth of the world. Nobody in Japan has guns, but you can be the Yakuza do. I suppose if I were in organized crime, I'd welcome tighter gun control as well.

I really don't like people who jump to the "create a new law" solution. Guess what: Some people kill people, and they don't need guns to do it. Guns are just a convenient means to an end, and if someone wants someone else dead, they'll use a knife, or a hatchet, or a car. Bottom line is, guns are just used out of convenience. Outlawing them does nothing to solve the issue, which is wanting to take someone else's life.

11. SuperCachetes, May 1, 2012

macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

The stereotype needs to be that we harbor a lot of idiots who can't control themselves here, not that we sell so many weapons. I know tons of people with firearms (and people with tons of firearms) and not one of them has found it necessary to randomly shoot a building.

12. macrumors 604

bushido

i know right ...

i watched some documentation the other day and they showed americans going to shooting areas for fun and to RELAX after work. crazy :eek:

texas scares me with all those hillbillies who probably grew up with guns yet have no idea how to really control them.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

KingJosh

and people hate on obama for gun laws? america's general attitude needs cleansing.

14. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Texas is not full of hillbillies, undoubtedly there are many but it is not a 100% "hillbilly" population. You're part of the problem when you stereotype America so freely. It is actually more disgraceful that you see things this way.
    I don't know the gun laws or gun sale laws in other countries but you are correct; these stories are the reasons why people outside America stereotype the country so freely and in many ways so wrongly. Unfortunately though, I feel as though it takes a truly ignorant individual to use the media to make a decision on a country as a whole.

15. macrumors 68040

entatlrg

You defending gunslingling sickens me and much of the sane world.

It's not right and it causes serious problems, you're living in the middle of it and don't get it? Sad. Dangerous.

16. macrumors 603

Menel

What's wrong with this? What about a designated and safe area setup for shooting 'crazy eek'? Shooting clubs are popular in Europe/UK also.

It's a common hobby/sport, for competition or fun, and highly skill based.

Putting holes in sheets of paper is far less aggressive than football, hockey, fencing, martial arts, etc.

----------

Defending? Take a reading comprehension class and try my post again.

17. Squadleader, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012

macrumors regular

Your pissing in the wind...They dont get it and never will, unless they need us and our guns to come defend them....

18. macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Ha lol, I think some of them are over the top for sure :p

19. macrumors 6502

japasneezemonk

Political: Apple's New Highland Village Retail Store in Houston Hit by Gunfire

Ignorant idiots everywhere. A few weeks ago I was visiting some of my relatives who live out in eastern Oklahoma and I was surprised to find almost every stop sign in the rural roads had bullet holes. wtf? why?

20. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

I got nothing...

I guess whoever did this is a pc.

21. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I don't hate on Obama for his gun laws. I hate on Obama for his drone laws.

22. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

This may be a remarkable coincidence, but neither of the two main defenders of America's gun laws in this thread seems to be able to use and spell "you're" correctly.

23. macrumors 603

Menel

Obama has been great for America's second amendment, self-defense, civil rights.

During the 2008 election, and through 2009. When most industries were going bankrupt, he managed to push record sales for gun shop owners. Many posting 50-100% increases in sales. They couldn't keep ammo and weapons in stock, prices shot up due to increased demand. Great for shop owners, bit frustrating for many enthusiasts.

Then he signed into law, first a bill that allowed carry in National Parks, then later a bill that allowed carry on Amtrak, our national public transit system.

----------

Ad hominem adds nil to the discussion.

24. macrumors 604

bushido

shooting anything should never be a hobby/fun. period

never seen a real gun in my life and i hope it stays that way

25. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

Why. Question mark.