Political Fundraising in Texas Is Target of Probe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 3, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

DeLay put the "slime" in "slimeball." There is no lower form of political animal in the Congress.

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I'm in favor of maximum punishments for any crookedness, okay? However, such an investigation has as good odds on finding those who did the same for the Democrats as for Republicans.

I'd bet that any wrong-doing by corporate types was split between the two parties; most Big Bidness types copper their bets in contributions.

And, I'm not surprised that losers try to find some way to change the results. Face it, the winners don't care about the losers' crookedness...

You should pardon my cynicism. :)

'Rat

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Good. Don't mistake my progressive philosophy with any kind of party loyalty. Anyone who is involved in illegal political campaign maneuvering should go to jail and be banned from further participation in any campaign activites. Pete Rose style. But don't expect any tears from me for Delay, who has far more power than someone who's views are so outside the mainstream of our society should. Can you imagine if Barbara Lee was the house majority leader? That's how far out Delay is on the other side. If you think Pelosi is a liberal....