Politically Correct Microsoft Site

Discussion in 'Community' started by fartheststar, Apr 9, 2004.

1. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Last weekend I had to rebuild my uncle's Windows computer because it had died a slow death due to poor maintenance. My uncle wasn't doing anything special with the machine, it just needed a "refresh". In order to get his Windows 98 OS up to speed, I had to go to

windowsupdate.microsoft.com (from the start bar) and download all of the critical updates (there were so many!).

I decided to go to that site with my mac (Safari) and got the following message, which was SO Politically correct and made me laugh!

Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use Windows Update.

My question to you is... if you tell Safari to pass info on as if it's Internet Explorer on a Windows machine, what would you get when you go to that site?

In any case, I find it amusing that Windows can help me get the most out of my computer (if I was running it on my mac... LOL).

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I tried it masked as MSIE 6.0 and it does nothing.

3. Ajmbc macrumors regular

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

When I went to check my Hotmail (yeah, I know), I clicked on Calendar to see if it would bring one up like with Yahoo mail. It was just trying to sell me MSN (no thanks). But what I thought was funny was the city listed on the sample picture.

Attached Files:

5. Zaty macrumors 65816

Perhaps someone at MS is a Mac fan in disguise :D

6. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

like the whole MBU :) Hopefully they deliver to us a kicka-- VPC-64 and office04 this year.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Don't worry. Help is on the way. ;)

8. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular