Politicians Pulling Strings to Get PS3s

Discussion in 'Games' started by clayj, Nov 16, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Gah:

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I'm glad I'm not getting caught up in the whole PS3 thing. I have a 360 and it is great, I didn't plan on getting a 360 on it's launch day and I still got a fairly early one (early january).

People are going a little too crazy for these systems, and really none of them want them now, they want them to sell on eBay and make a profit. I bet tomorrow we will see 200,000 PS3's on eBay.

Maybe I will get one someday, after it has all died down. But the few games that really made me want one are now becoming available for the 360 too; Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero II, I've heard talk of the next Metal Gear Solid as well, so I see no point for me to get one.

If I didn't have a 360, it would probably be a much tougher decision for me because the PS3 does have a lot of potential and great stuff to offer (but so did the PSP and I sold that after 6 months because I just felt like it wasn't developing the way I hoped it would).

3. Oblivious macrumors 6502

To me this sounds more like Wal*Mart, a company that has always been very anti-union, trying to ridicule and criticize Edwards of hypocrisy. Because he has been so critical of Wal*Mart's policies, they're trying to taint his reputation.

Edwards would have been stupid to go to Wal*Mart looking for a PS3, there are plenty of other retailers like Best Buy or Circuit City where he would've gone if he really wanted to try and throw his weight around to receive a launch PS3 without waiting in line.

4. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I don't know if you guys have been following Ebay at all, but so far there has been a few PS3s selling for over $10, 000. :eek:

5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Yeah I'm happy with my 360 too :D

6. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Politicians pulling strings

Who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

7. Spartacus macrumors member

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL

In Ireland a lot of money laden brown envelopes would be passed around right now.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Is that what they call it now? ;)

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Last night Ludacris and fatman scoop got a free PS3....damn that sucked!:p ....thats two less!

Bless