POLL!! an itsy bitsy teeny Wii nee - question.

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Nov 20, 2006.

?

Is the wii & the controller

1. Just as you hoped it would be, and brimming with praise

47.2%
  2. A tad of a novelty to be honest, and you feel a little let down

8.3%
  3. Seems ok, I'm a bit unsure to be honest.

16.7%
  4. Could be great but the launch lineup hasnt convinced you as yet?

8.3%
  5. Surprised (in a good way) - it's more than you expected and surprised how intuitive it has been

30.6%
  6. Glad you queued up for your wii

19.4%
  7. Wishing you had waited a few months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So some of you have been playing with wii for 24 hours or more, can you please let me know from your initial play-test.

The wii remote / experience. Please answer above poll - i've allowed multiple choices. If you have any other thoughts - comments please add. Issues with lighting etc...

Thanks everyone.

2. wako macrumors 65816

WiiSports is awesome...

umm... RedSteel sucks balls... and now Im contemplating on what game to get...

The Wiimote works pretty well, it doesnt work too well if you are at an angle to the sensor bar. Playing games with the Wiimote and nunchuck feels natural since you can hold it anyway you want. However the remote, I wish the sides were smoothed out, because the edges bother you after a few hours.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

The controllers are excellent. The nunchunk seems kinda flimsly at first, but it's very light.
    On the main Wii menus the controller jitters about all over the place, but could be that I'm at a slight angle.
    Wii Sports is disappointing, I don't really see myself playing this at all.
    Zelda is quite possibly the best Zelda ever. I spent an hour just pissing around in the village and riding Epona (who controls like a tank :().

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I guess I am the opposite of the above poster, I love WiiSports and really could care less about Zelda. My girlfriend bought the system because she is a Zelda fan, I haven't played a Zelda since the first one.

I think WiiSports is a lot of fun, especially with 2 or more people. We were playing golf, tennis, bowling, baseball, boxing was the toughest.

I think bowling is my favorite, probably the one that is most like what it is supposed to be.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Seems alright to me so far but I'll have to wait until more games come out.

Bless

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

pretty evenly balanced so far with people liking it and people unsure about it... :) :eek:

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good! If you could care less does that mean you have care to begin with? Or do you mean couldn't care less?

8. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Rayman is waiting for me, will vote once I have something to test it out on other than Wii Sports.

9. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I LOVE THE Wii.

it's the best gaming experience i've ever had by far. it's so much fun, so intuitive...

nintendo = apple.

10. wako macrumors 65816

If there were more GAMES to play I would be happier.

I am dissappointed there werent more exclusive titles out for the Wii. Im not going to pay 50 bucks to play CoD3 or NFS on the Wii when I can buy it on the 360 and get much better graphics.

11. ericsthename macrumors regular

Not to disrupt this thread at all, but I'm on the fence about getting a wii this year... Just wondering if anyone has used a WaveBird controller with the Wii. I would assume that they work just like a regular gamecube controller? Does that clunky reciever hang out? Thx...

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

It does work and yes the clunky thing sticks out unfortunetly.

edit - 2 posts at the same time :)

14. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I picked the highest top praise and the a tad novelty one because while the controls are superb and insanely confortable, the speaker on the controller to me is just too novelty and tacky in my opinion, a bit gimmicky... oh well i think i'll live hearing Link crash into walls on that for the other great redeeming features :rolleyes:

15. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Where's the option for I don't have a Wii yet...

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Seeing as it's about wii OWNERS and how they feel & their experiences after getting it - an option for 'I dont have a wii yet' would kind of be asinine wouldn't it ? :rolleyes: ;)

17. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

It feels really intuitive, for gamers and nongamers. We invited the two girls in the room next door to come and play for a bit, and they both beat us several times in different Wii Sports games. I myself love the feel of it. The rumble is really nice.

18. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well the poll seems to point to a 70plus % happy ratio, which is good.

19. mkaake macrumors 65816

But what's better, no-one is saying they wished that they had waited. That's good to hear...

20. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

FPS controls in Rayman are great. Don't know why there's all this talk of games using "bounding boxes" to turn. Wiimote should control aiming mainly, and turn only to track your aim; nunchuck should control front/back and TURN (not strafe, unless with Z-button). That's exactly how Metroid Prime games have worked - the R-button switches the analog stick between those two functions.

Bit disappointed with the nunchuck on games that require you to swing one or the other controller about - keep find myself getting tangled or slowed by the cord. Wish it was all wireless.

21. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I love the Wii.

The only problem so far is that my monitor and wii sensor bar and Bed seem to be too close for the FPS to move slower so I will need to move the bed so i can move back a bit so the Controller will be recognized differently.

So i am just standing to close to the sensor bar right now