Poll: Are you going to switch to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lexus, Nov 17, 2006.

Will you switch to the iPhone?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

1. lexus macrumors 68000

Mar 26, 2006
    Depends Greatly On The Weather
    Now that these iPhone rumors are really heating up it is decision time, so the question is wll you switch to the iPhone or stick with what you are using at the moment.

For me the answer is easy, I am going to stick with my Vertu. It is by far the best built phone I have ever owned and would never switch.
  2. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Where's the maybe, once we know what the features are option in the poll...

No one wants another ROKR.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Once we know the features maybe, it depends on what's on offer in April when my contract end's, I might just keep my trusty 6230i, and get some money back from Orange.
  4. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    I'd certainly buy one, because the syncing abilities will be amazing with macs, not to mention the Apple design, and a OSX Mobile version, but if they stuck Windows Mobile on there (highly unlikely) i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole
  5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    I'll buy it and try it. I can't say fairer than that. I'm very particular about my phones so it'll need to be something special if I'll be classed as 'switching' to it.
  6. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2005
    In my opinion, Windows Mobile is the best OS Microsoft has ever put out (definitely better than the Symbian and Palm systems that I used to use), so I will be OK while I wait another year and a half until my T-Mobile SDA contract expires. When that happens, I'll definitely take a good look at an Apple phone and probably get one. An iPhone probably will have some of issues in its initial run anyway, so I won't feel like I'm missing out in the meantime.
  7. roland.g macrumors 603

Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    I voted yes, but honestly I love my Nokia 8801. Hands down the most beautiful phone ever made. And Nokia has some amazing touch screen stuff in the works. That said I would buy an iPhone given the features, provider, etc. However, I would not be an early adopter, Rev. B at best.

My next i purchases will be a 24" iMac, iTV, and widescreen iPod.
  8. echeck macrumors 68000

Apr 20, 2004
    Boise, Idaho
    It's certainly not a definite "Yes" or "No" for me. I just recently bought a Treo 700p, so it's most likely a "No", but if it's a smartphone at a reasonable price and is offered with Verizon then I'll definitely be tempted. :)
  9. astarling06 macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2006
    Manhattan, KS
    I would switch to it if T-Mobile carries it. I like my RAZR but an iPhone sounds pretty sweet. I guess Apple isn't going with cingular since cingular is running their commercials with some other music store other than iTunes. Too bad for them...:D
  10. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    I will gladly switch to a phone that I've never seen, used and is not even for sale yet. Hell, think of all the fun I'm going to have with a phone that hasn't even been confirmed as existing!
  11. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    if it isn't a smart phone, i wouldn't purchase it, i'm hoping for a Mac OSX mobile version, even if it isn't officially called that, that would make syncing with mac great
  12. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Hey, tone down that sarcasm... what exactly is it that you don't like about its styling and feature set? ;)

For me? No, I won't buy one. But I'll probably get one for my wife. I can't use one as it's a professional conflict.
  13. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Unlikely with the current rumoured version of features, it seems to be a generation behind the current SEs and Nokias which all synch perfectly happily with everything but iTunes... and I don't use my phone for music.
  14. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Feb 12, 2006
    You're asking a tough question...

I'll be able to answer better when I know. I voted yes simply because I wouldn't rule it out and I'm sure Apple could do something for us that I'd be very very happy with.
  15. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Voted yes, but that is depending on the features. It has to outperform my current (and similarly priced) SonyEricsson phone(s)... if it doesn't then s*d it, I'm not getting it based only on brand... if the phone doesn't suit me I won't buy it...

That said, I'm 90% sure Apple will have something really nice up its sleeve, and there is a possibility they'll actually redefine the mobile phone market... :cool:
  16. mrkramer macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    i'll wait until it is actually released and i can see it to decide if I will buy one.
  17. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    I don't care about music on my phone, 'cause I always have my iPod with me. My current phone is a Treo 650, and the phone function is actually secondary to the PDA functionality. I only got a Treo because my T3 died, my cell contract was up, and I wanted to lose one item off my damn batbelt.:rolleyes:
    All that being said, if Apple has a phone with an OS X Mobile OS on it, I'd definitely be interested when my Verizon deal is up next year.
  18. lmalave macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    I voted "yes" based on the fact that at minimum I expect it to be the best music player of any phone. I really hope Apple at least announces it at MWSF, since my contract with T-Mobile has been over since September but I have been holding off on purchasing a new phone until I see what Apple has to offer.

If Apple somehow dissapoints me with the iPhone, then I will probably get the Sony Ericsson W850i.
  19. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Exactly what I've always meant! :)

But I still want an Apple phone with iCal, Address Book, Mail and maybe even Safari, where I can sync it with my MacBook. A decent camera and iPhoto integration might be nice, too. But I still want a small, light, standalone music player.

At the moment I'm drooling over a red 8GB nano, and as Christmas is coming and the battery on my (almost 3 year old) iPod mini is starting to show signs of fatigue and might need replacement soon... :eek:

But, on the other hand, if the iPhone (they cannot really call it anything else, can they?) isn't much larger than the nano and has similar capacity, and the features mentioned above, I might buckle and go for the dreaded all-in-one device... :eek:
  20. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    My current phone could really use an update, so once I see some features and some design, MAYBE!
  21. awhitaker macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2006
    Let's see...my ipod hard drive crashed, my phone is locking up all the time, I qualified for an upgrade in two weeks, and I've been wanting to get another ipod b/c I miss my old one...If Apple releases it in the next few months, it has at least a 2gb flash drive or better, the dock connector is the same as 5gs, it has a phone that works on Cingular network, and it costs the same as a ipod+phone, then yes I'll get one.

I don't care if it doesn't have a camera or smartphone capabilities, I just want an ipod and a phone in one package.
  22. tobefirst macrumors 68040

Jan 24, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    I'd certainly be interested in it, that's for sure. I love love love my SE phone, and I'm very particular about my phones, so it would have to be a good phone for sure.

I love the idea of the integration of everything. As much as I love my SE, it's not quite as good as it could be if Apple did it. For instance, I can't tell the difference between my different iCal calendars on my SE phone.
  23. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    I voted yes based on my expectations for it. If it doesn't live up to those expectations, it all becomes a different matter. My current Sony phone is acting up.
  24. Lau Guest

If it looks gorgeous I might be tempted, but not for a year when my current 18 month contract runs out. I'll see what the score is then. I was quite happy with my old b/w screen Nokia, and so features aren't a massive issue to me. I'd be looking for something small with good battery, iSyncing, and maybe a camera and music player for the odd night out when you don't want to carry a lot. I can't say I'm hugley bothered by it though, but then I've never been one to spend a lot on a phone.