POLL:Are you having sucess with OSX on iNtel Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 14, 2006.

?

How wud you rate OSX & other Apps on current iNtel Macs.Stabilitywise. Not speedwise.

1. As good as PPC

62.8%
  2. There are issues compared to PPC. But far n few.

34.9%
  3. Lots of bugs. Simply premature release by Apple.

2.3%
  1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

OK. It`s not my question. I was reading an article titied "How much abuse an apple user willing to take?" posted by B.J.Higginbotham, a hardcore apple user. Take a look at the article and post your thots bout this. Are intel Macs really unstable with OSX or this guy is just unlucky. I dont really think the situation is so bad. Otherwise we`d be seeing lot of posts bout it on this forum like we do on MBP problems.

P.S. Please vote only if you have been using an intel Mac for sometime. So that there aint any skewed result.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Why are you spelling intel iNtel, not just once but many times.. its not a big deal but it's driving me crazy:eek:

3. emaja macrumors 68000

In reading the article, the author puts out a bunch of hypotheticals about the upcoming transitions, and talks about Windows as much as the Mac. I do not see anything other than him complaining about Rosetta that is really worth any concern.

He is just whining about transitions which are part of using a computer. Furthermore, he gives no specifics about his problems, so I am writing him off as a troll.

What is up with the spelling of "Intel" anyway?

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Where's the option for "Better than PPC, had no problems, never going back" then?

That's my experience of it so far.

I'm sure that I'll change my tune when I get a buggy-as-hell version of ProTools...

5. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I dont get it? Are you saying you cant vote coz of some reason or you wont vote.

I actually dont give a damn to the author. I m setting this poll up coz I might be buyin a intel iBook soon coz my experience with iBook G4 was way better than anything with XP. So I want to know if there really are issues with OSX on intel processors?

6. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I dont really think there were any real stability issues with PPC macs. Speed wise there is no looking back. No one needs to be told bout that. But it`s the stability which is questioned. Anything which is as stable as the last generation of PPC cant be more better.

I might`ve put that option after your post. But it seems I cant edit a poll once it is posted.

7. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

I guess its a matter of personal use and experience. I've had some real buggy PPC machines and I know others that have not.
    I also have some friends and co-workers that don't have any stability issues with their Intel Macs. :)

So, if my Intel Mac was more stable the my PPC Mac then I would have to choose - the unavailable option in the poll - Better than PPC.

8. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I'm going with that one, too. I didn't own a PPC Mac, but my friend does - and she's had quite a few problems with hers lately. My Intel Mac is awesome.

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Read the comments in the article...the dude makes some pretty outrageous claims that the commets refute.

10. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

OK. Just 20 votes till now. But more than enough to clear my doubts. The guy is definitely wrong. There doesn`t seem to be any real problems with OSX and intel CD spu.
    Thats a releif....

11. bigfib macrumors regular

I love my new intel imac, no regrets. None. The transition hasn't been seamless but it's as good as anyone in the industry has ever managed, and if you add all of the problems linked to the intel transition up they would still only represent 10% of the abuse the average windows user puts up with every single hour.
    The author just has no idea...

12. bigfib macrumors regular

Oh and yeah, my vote would be "Better than PowerPC" if it existed.

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

my two ppc macs on os x are better but apple has had more time with them to get the bugs out

my intel mac is as good as one could expect from a rev a machine

the rev b intel imac will probably not only be as good as ppc with os x, but better

what is amazing is that apple got it this good this early...imagine dell, emachines, or hp/compaq trying to build a machine that works with os x and get it mostly right on the first time

my issues with my intel imac are with itunes on tiger and safari...but then again, many don't like safari on a perfect ppc mac and prefer firefox instead

some apps with microsoft office for macs is a little pocky on my intel imac

for the year, 2006, and what i can expect from a computer for $2000 dollars and under...i would give my 20" inch intel imac 3 1/2 to 4 stars out of five stars...but i would only give the ipod family, as a whole, and the quad G5 power mac five stars...my mom's ipod nano is a six star gadget if there was such a thing for its size, ease of use, and price!!

when apple inc came out with the bondi blue imac in 1998 and followed it up with the revolutionary ibook and the ultra thin tibook, i thought apple had reached its peak...then they did one better in this industry and came out with the mind blowing os x operating system...and just when i thought apple had achieved its crowning achievement, they come out with the ipod which stands at 50-80% percent of the market any given month...no wonder apple records and the beatles are suing apple ;)

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

being a fan of the beatles and macs for over twenty years, it hurts to see this being done

it was a surprise to see old beatles cohorts coming out of the woodwork on this one against apple inc...i think the apple vs apple battles will last for many years to come

nobody, at this stage, can say apple inc is a minor player in the world of popular music

15. Edge100 macrumors 68000

+1. I've had a flawless transition. My iMac is wonderful.

16. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

I have to say the same here, though I am trying to sell mine for the new MacBook that should be released on tuesday due to travel.

17. Vaphoron macrumors 6502

Vaphoron

I haven't been completely relying on my new Intel Mac Mini because I have both a G5 and a PowerBook that get a lot of use. But, I have found that I really enjoy using it even though both of my other computers cost 5 times as much. I mainly bought the Mini to check out OS X on Intel to see if it was really good enough for me to sell my PowerBook and upgrade to a MacBook Pro and I'm happy to say it is, at least for me anyway.