Poll: Core 2 Duo Updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by direzz, Sep 17, 2006.

?

When do you think Apple will put C2D in its laptop line?

1. September 25

42 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. Around Christmas

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. Macworld 2007

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Spring

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. direzz macrumors 6502

Just want your opinions.

It's pretty clear that this update is very much overdue at this point. When do you guys think we will see the updates?

Oh, and should apple choose only to update the pro laptops, they will be even farther behind in competing with all the other consumer laptops that are, yes, already shipping with core 2 duo.

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Would love them to update MacBooks by the 25th.. I'm purchasing on the 26th :) ... either way :(

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am going to use Apple's next update of their MPB (or MB) to Core2Duo as an indicator for the future chip updating cycle. If Apple announces C2D equipped MBP on 9/25, the lapse of the time compared to other PC manufacutres is about a month.

I think Apple cannot procrastinate the C2D update on their notebook lines too much especially now all computers from Apple are on x86 platform (which is same as Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Gateway, Fujitsu, Samsung, and what not).

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

i voted spring, just because i already have my MBP and happy:) i couldnt care less when they come out. But i'd obvious like it to be as long from now as possible, so i'm not outdated too quickly. :p

Plus, i like to see you SUFFER!

just kidding.

5. HecubusPro macrumors 6502a

HecubusPro

I'm actually still banking on this Tuesday the 19th for the MBP upgrades, simply because of the recent iMac upgrades.

Apple introduced new iMacs the week before their "showtime" event. The new 24" HD iMac would benefit greatly from the new iTMS service for HD videos and movies. By not introducing the iMacs at the "showtime" event, no thunder was stolen by those new machines, keeping the focus on what Apple really wanted to talk about.

I'm hoping that Apple will do something similiar with Photokina--introduce the updated MBP on the 19th, so the benefits of the Photokina announcements can be used effectively on the new C2D MBP.

6. Butters macrumors 6502

I said 25th.

I just hope if it is the 25th that when my macbook ships on the 26th it'll have a core2duo in it

7. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I think they'll update the MBP, but not the MB. but then again, they could do both with the same speeds. Never know.

8. MattDell macrumors 6502

MattDell

9. HecubusPro macrumors 6502a

HecubusPro

With apple, who knows? You may get your wish. Seriously though, would you upgrade that quickly after having just bought a macbook pro? Just curious.

10. direzz thread starter macrumors 6502

you may be on to something.. mac mini, imac, mac pro xserve... they all have the latest .. so macbook/pro should be updated

bleh.

11. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

mac mini is has as late of anything as MBP

12. direzz thread starter macrumors 6502

yah but it was updated

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Late October, in time for Christmas, but that'll be scary.

14. MattDell macrumors 6502

MattDell

No, I wouldn't upgrade. I got a free iPod. :)

I just don't want to feel duped like I did when I bought my Powerbook 3 years ago and two weeks later they came out with the new case.

-Matt