Poll/Discussion: Gears of War or Rainbow Six Vegas?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spartacus, Jan 8, 2007.

?

Which do you think is ultimately the better game?

1. Gears of War

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Rainbow Six: Vegas

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Spartacus macrumors member

Hey folks,

I just started playing Rainbow Six: Vegas a few hours ago and think it's an amazing game. I'm going to go so far as to say it's more fun than Gears of War. Gears of War is a visual masterpiece and everyone is saying it's the best shooter game ever made, but as far as gameplay and fun goes, I think Rainbow Six is going to take the cake :eek: What do you think?

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Noooot a fan of GoW. I dunno... I think it's the combination of badly proportioned characters, cheesy lines, and silly weapons. In general, I'm not a fan of Sci-Fi games. Halo is the exception- somehow they got this one right for me. Believable weapons, understandable characters... I don't know. But GoW is nothing more than another Unreal/Doom/Resistance type game.

Such could be said about R6:LV... it's got a similar cover system, similar team control (though you can do a bit more in Vegas), and great graphics. I suppose my preference might just be based in my bais towards realism. Who knows.

4. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

rainbow six is def. better... but i might actually prefer Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter over vegas...

i dont know, the ONLY thing vegas has over GRAW is you can "hide" and still see what's going on... not the most realistic, but it's fun!... oh yeah, aside from the fact you can have 2 primary weapon in story mode :S

5. Spartacus thread starter macrumors member

There must have been something in my water at the time I was playing GRAW, because I didn't like it at all. It looked nice, but was too easy and predictable. I have high hopes for GRAW 2 in that they make it more intense. I always felt like I was alone in a ghost-town with far too few enemies and such. I find R6:LV much more entertaining in that regard, and I'd always rather have fun than realism.

Edit: I always play my games twice through: the first time on the medium difficulty, then the second time on the absolute hardest.

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

Vegas was easy. much easier than GRAW... i hardly had to restart in Vegas

by the way, it's Rainbow Six: Vegas (no Las)

7. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I haven't got/played Vegas myself. Is GRAW similar because I bought it in favour of Vegas 'coz it was cheaper. Gears of War is sold out EVERYWHERE here in South Africa after christmas and Vegas isn't. That tells you something...

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

R6: Vegas has this one. It's an all around good game with a beautiful cover system.

Bless

9. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

I asked my husband since he just got both of them, and he looked at me like I asked the chicken or the egg question.

He thinks Vegas is harder, but he says he loves them both equally. I think he considers Vegas to be better all around though.