POLL: Favorite Big 3 Video Game Conference of E3

Discussion in 'Games' started by AvSRoCkCO1067, May 9, 2006.

?

Which of the three E3 Video Game Conferences was your favorite?

Poll closed May 19, 2006.
  1. Microsoft XBOX 360 and Windows Vista

15.6%
  2. Sony PS3 and PSP

20.0%
  3. Nintendo Wii and DS

64.4%
  1. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Microsoft, for me - I consider theirs the best not because their introductions were the most exciting, but because I look forward to Halo 3, GTA 4, and the HD-DVD adapter is going to be out by the time Sony's PS3 comes out.

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Where can we get hi rez versions of these things? Until then, I ain't voting; these webcasts are too low rez to show anything.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nintendo, for me; I was in the audience, and it was spectacular.

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Xbox 360 for me, it's the only one that surprised me.

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

don't vote since i think it's a draw between microsoft and nintendo

voting for most dissa pointing would be easier though

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Xbox360 had this one...they were most fluid

The other two was not impressive.

Bless

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nintendo. Actually moving footage of Red Steel and more Zelda info. All I was after. Oh and Metroid Prime 3! On a desert island discs style scenario; Metroid Prime would be the only game I'd take. out of everything that's been out or coming out.

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I wonder how many people voting actually watched all three conferences in their entirety?

It seemed simple that 360 was best of show... and I honestly didn't even care about them; I expected pretty much nothing and got something great instead.

PS3 had nothing on the 360 conference, and while the controller of Wii was nice and Zelda was fantastic (big fan!) I was left with very little to keep me excited. To me, it basically said "yeah, so you have to wait until you play it to really get excited" - and that is how I feel. Graphics did not impress me more then a GameCube (even if they are better); that is not a big deal to me since "it's about the games" and Mario looked like it could be fun.

I remain reserved about my "Wii" excitement until I get to "experience" it myself. I fully intend to get one, but the conference did do anything for me.... heck, I expected more (at least an annoucement beyong 'speaker in Wiimote', which was cool)

EDIT: DS though, wow, I was digging that Yoshi's Island 2 annoucenment! wooh! :)

9. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

yeah... the PS3 confrence was pretty bogus. i watched it live on gamespot but closed it about half-way or so through because it was so bad. i watched the nintendo one live all the way through. it was AWESOME!! i haven't seen micro$oft's... school. i'll watch it tonight.

10. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

what the-- ?! does it really matter?!

11. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

GameSpot, subscribers only though. (downloading now)

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There are other places to get hi-res videos from ;)

but I'm limiting myself to a 400*300 vid of the whole event. It's not much. but it'll do for a repeat performance.

13. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Umm, yea? A 1" by 2" streamed video doesn't capture the essence of these events. For example, I want to see the Nintendo event and the interaction between the controller and the game.

I really want to see the PS3 screens; as someone who owns a 360 and plays in 1080i on my 60" HDTV I think I have a vested interest in seeing what the PS3 can do.

Why is it such a surprise to want to make an informed opinion? I know that may not be vogue around here, but still.... :rolleyes:

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Heck, neither does a 20" by 40". Even being there doesn't capture the essense. The sheer amount of input at these press conferences (HDTV's and projectors all over the place, lighting, fog, people on the floor, etc) is mind blowing. I have to watch the press conference again on my PC after having watched it in person...anyone have a link to Nintendo's?