Poll Finds Dimmer View of Iraq War

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 7, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Hopefully this will yield dividends in 2006...However, I would not rather watch the country get progressively worse before it gets better.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

DailyKos yesterday had a good series of American polls. The right has become somewhat disenchanted according to the polls, but more importantly, the center has swung way to the left. Elections aren't won by those on the extreme right or left but by the center or swing voters.

#1 It's the economy stupid.
    #2 Keep your religious beliefs away from our bodies, minds and our children. I think this is why so much of the center shifted to the right. The lefties were crossing boundaries. Now the rightists aren't only crossing them, they're erasing them.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Exactly, though I am amazed at how many people I know that support and voted for Bush despite being diametrically opposed to everything he stands for. I wanted Saddam out as much as the next guy, I just didn't like the way we were going about this war and thought it might go bad. Well, here we are. And people are seeing it. We aren't supposed to still be in Iraq. What's the excuse?

It's the media and Amnesty International, enemies of America. Question us and you're unAmerican. So let's get rid of social security, tell people what to do with thier bodies, who you're allowed to love based on the religion of those in power, spy on our citizens while corporations (and Congressmen) get off scot-free for their indescretions, raise the national debt as high as possible while cutting social programs, and send our kids off to a war that should have been over by now for a couple of years while changing the story of the reason why we're there.

Where is that Bin Laden anyway? Remember him? Weren't we mad at him for some reason? It's too bad we're so busy stuck in Iraq. If we would have stayed in Afganistan (which, I mean, who wasn't behind us going there?) maybe we could have actually gotten the real terrorists. Most of the people who support this war seem to be the same people who think Saddam is responsible for 9/11. Wonder why that is... :rolleyes:

5. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, it's too little, too late. Why it took 4+ years for some idiots to figure out the nation is being run by a bunch of greedy criminals is beyond me. It'll get worse before it gets better. Too many people and organizations are responsible for the mess and lies.

Truth has lost all credibility.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The republican's are giving America a royal screwing in everything from the War to the economy to the enviroment to ignoring our border. This is why it was many decades ago when we last let the republican party run things. I hope America is paying attention because its going to take Years to undo the damage that Bush and the Republicans are doing to this country of ours.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Anyone here willing to send their kids into Iraq for George's crap? If so i bet your republican :rolleyes: 1,700 of our kids dead so far. Bush and the gang have a screwed up mess on our hands at the cost of how many Billions now? It goes up everyday so i have lost count. So disappointed with the republicans on so many issues. Im ashamed i was republican, i didnt vote for Gore the first time around. :( Please forgive.

9. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

Bush and his cronies are not real Republicans. Real Republicans would never have let this crap happen. The country is being run by a bunch of fascistic Neocons who love all dictators and despise freedom. We are in deep doo-doo. Thanks George!

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly. Every time I hear someone say they voted for Bush because they're in favor of limited federal power, I shake my head in disbelief. I mean- are they paying attention? The fed is bigger and scarier than in Bill Clinton's wildest dreams. :)

11. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

Actually, the government was a lot smaller and more efficient under Clinton. Prior to Bush, a better example of government bloat would be the Reagan Administration.

12. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

this just goes to show you that we need to up the recruiting goals, reinstate the draft, get those nuclear bunker busters tested and ready to roll (heck, why waste money testing them, let our enemies, aka america haters, be the test subjects), dump more money into star wars missle defenses.. in order to truly be safe.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Boy did you hit the nail on the head. Its really bothering me. with son coming of age and a Adminisrations who's foreign policy is in shambles and a B.S. war on wmd's that was just that B.S. Meanwhile Osama roams the Earth. But Bush got his Iraq didnt he?

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Clinton was more of a Republican than GW is. :rolleyes: I remember him actually winning wars too. Without any of our troops being killed. Maybe Georgie-Boy needs a BJ.

15. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

there were plenty of american troops killed in the first gulf war. not to mention tons of iraqis. and then there's the whole after effects of war... all the poverty and disease and radiation... clinton is no saint. though bush certainly does make him look good!

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

first gulf war clinton ? i thought Bush sen. was the one who decided not to go straight to bagdhad "because there was no exit solution" ;)

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Correct. Clinton bombed Iraq, but we never went to war with them. First Gulf War was Bush Senior. Clinton wars were Bosnia and Kosavo, etc. No casualties on our side.

At the end of his term, it was suggested he pursue Al Qaida, but he decided to leave that to his successor since they didn't have enough intelligence about them yet. 9 months after Bush took office, 9/11. Then, before we're done in Afganistan, we start moving toward Iraq. We were supposed to be in and out so no one could complain. Looks like it didn't happen that way.