[POLL] FireFox v.1 or Safari?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TommyLee, Nov 10, 2004.

1. TommyLee macrumors regular

Jan 23, 2004
    New Orleans
    Yesterday's release of FireFox v1 has me distracted.
    I'm not so sure. I have to use both browsers for different things. I can honestly say FireFox has better features, while Safari is more stable.

This blows. I wish one of these guys would make the ultimate Mac browser. :-/

FireFox or Safari?
  2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Most of the time I use Safari.

The biggest reason I don't use FireFox is because it doesn't have a spell check for my dyslexic ass.

I will occasionally use FireFox for a site like www.newegg.com where I frequently have to clear my cookies, or for a site that doesn't work with Safari.
  3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Safari, I tried Firefox but on my computer the performance was slower, and no spell check was an issue. I can't spell for my life:(
  4. kgarner macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
  5. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i use safari AND firefox at the same time, i'm not one for making decisions
  6. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    in my experience, FireFox for Mac is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than Safari. I have a new 12" PB w/ 768MB RAM, and a T1 connection, so it's not either of those variables. I *want* to use FireFox, but I just can't. Apple did too good of a job making Safari the fastest browser for Mac.
  7. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Haven't found a compelling reason NOT to use Safari
  8. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Mar 19, 2004
    A series of tubes
    Firefox is nice, but I have no reason to switch from Safari. With PithHelmet and pop-up blocking, I'm pretty happy with Safari. However, I really like Firefox's find-as-you-search feature. I hope Apple puts something similar in Safari.
  9. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    I'm ticked at the problem with safari and tabbing to pulldowns. I just found the fix on a search to a previous thread, but now have to hit the spacebar and then the first letter to get the item in the pulldown to get highlighted or grab the mouse and scroll down. I am constantly tabbing to pulldown menus and this drives me nutts. :(
  10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    for me its not between safari and firefox as much as it is between sarfari and camino, camnio really flies for me at least, but looks wise safari is better, and has spell check, if the tabs and bookmarks bar were better in camino i would stick with it, oh and the pinstrips are annoying sometime too, but i must say i do have all three just in case LOL