Poll: Have You Bought A Movie On Itunes Yet?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lexus, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Have You Bought A Movie On Itunes Yet?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No

78.9%
  1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

2. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Yes, first day, wish I could return it.

The Life Aquatic

3. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

I actually love that movie, it is the same director as the Royal Tannenbaums.

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

My sister wanted me to download some kids movies on iTunes for my niece (who's 4) to watch. She asked me to burn them to DVD so she can watch them at home. I tried to explain her it doesn't work like the music iTunes store and I can't do that.

I guess that's a good thing she even knows iTunes sells movies now, considering she doesn't own a computer.

5. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

As a side note, while I was working with some home movies, I hooked up my powerbook video out -> digital camcorder -> iMac and was able to capture the iTunes movie from my pbook in iMovie on the iMac just like a normal home video. Kind of a long was to burn a DVD but it can be done.

6. kjr39 macrumors 6502

7. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Dumbo, Cinderella, and Bambi. I love Disney, as you can see.

8. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

I'm not downloadng a movie until it's on my iPod with a 16:9 screen.

9. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

nope- if it is not DVD quality then why not just get the DVD?

10. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

11. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

No, but I'm definitely wavering on "O, Brother Where Art Thou?". Depends on if I can get it cheaper at Best Buy.

12. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

nope- if it is not DVD quality then why not just get the DVD?

13. macfan881 macrumors 68020

14. Jason Bourne macrumors member

I have bought two: the life aquatic and the incredibles. Have also added two other movies from my collection (40yr virgin and wedding crashers) and plenty of tv stuff

15. Graeme A macrumors 6502

Graeme A

i was looking at buying 'kinky boots' (funny brit and aussie-playing-brit accents) but decided to spend my gift card on music instead.

cheaper to buy a dvd though. i cannot see much benefit to buying movies through itunes.

16. Jason Bourne macrumors member

I bought a few mainly due tp the coolness of having my favorite TV shoe, many movies and hundreds of auibooks avalable all the tme. As well as a full music and photo library.

Works very well. and is incredibly useful fro long train/airplane rides

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I would if they were maybe 60% the cost of actually owning the dvd outright instead of like 95%

18. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I'm still confused on if the purchased movies are widescreen or just 4:3 letterboxed.

19. 925AS macrumors member

No, But I have a massive collection of dvd's so it doesn't make sense for me. But if apple revives the rumors to sell the movie through iTunes and then send the buyer a dvd then i would buy through them.
    I really don't believe that will ever happen but I can wish.

20. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

No. Why would anyone, when they can just buy the DVD?

21. grahamtearne macrumors regular

I have bought 2 movies from iTunes and I will be buying more. It is fantastic IMO.

It is very conveniant (spelling lol) and price is reasonable. The quality, to me is excellent and although a tad lower than DVD it compares very well and I would probably not be able to tell the difference.

The 1st movie I downloaded was to test the water, after about 5 minutes of downloading I started to play it and it played flawlessly to the end. Brilliant way to get a movie quickly on demand. (I have a 4meg broadband so slower may take longer but yu get the idea that you dont have to wait for the download to be complete).

The second one I downloaded was one that I thought the family would like so I downloaded it and shoved it on my iPod, used the AV cable to put it on our 37" TV downstairs and it looked almost identical to a DVD. Nobody moaned about quality, infact my Dad complemented it.

So basically yes, I have bought from the movie store and will continue to for good quality movies (that will no doubt be increased one day, we started on 320, we are now up to 640) ease of use and quick download speeds. I dont care for having loads of DVDs all over the place, this is the digital age, having all my movies stored digitally on my computer/ipod is much more appealing to me. I love looking through my movie collection in iTunes. We just need more studios now which will no doubt come along due to the success of the first week or so.

22. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

No, and never until there is an actual advantage (price is not one of them right now) over buying the DVD (other than convenience of getting it immediately).

23. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

In Australia they don't have movies, nor do they have tv shows

24. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

pirates of the caribbean black pearl, hitchhiker guide to the galaxy, brothers grimm. they're all great! I also think about getting cars, pirates sequel 2 as preorder :)