Poll: Market Share

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by Macmaniac, Feb 19, 2002.

?

What would you like to see Apples market share be?

1. 5-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 11-20

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. 21-30

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. 31-50

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. 51 and up

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

It's poll time!
    This is a poll about Apple Market share. What would you like to see Apples market share be?
    Choices
    5-10
    11-20
    21-30
    31-50
    50 and up
    Be realistic!

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

20%

I'd like to see Apple in around the 20% mark. (I mis-voted for 21-30, BTW...oops) There they would still not be the majority. But they would be a much healthier company. My only concern with Apple getting more market share is that they get lazy and products get worse. But if Mr. Jobs stays at his post for a long time, I think he would drive employees to keep Apple at the lead of innovation.

I don't think we want Apple to become the majority. I think the company on top will always be looked upon as evil. Apple wouldn't make a good MS.

Matthew

3. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

i think 20 is a good number as well. i voted 21-30 since i the 11-20 range is just too low. id like to talkt o people and expect that one in 5 or one in 4 people use a mac. it woudl be nice to run into some mac users in the real world (ie not on message boards or in the office). the added market share would give apple considerably more capital to invest in R&D to give us better products. just think about it if apple could keep up and even stay ahead of the wintel world with a 5% or lower market share all these years, just think what they could give us with a 20% market share. also 20% would get software developers attention so that we wouldnt have to suffer through mac software announcements a year after the peecee world got the same product. Yes we have some games now but they are the games our peecee friends were playing a year or two ago... that just sucks.

i really think a 10 or 15% market share is reachable in the near future. the first imac jumped apple's share from 4% to 7% and the new one is doing better in sales. if apple could just show similiar innovation for the pro crowd we would be set.

4. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Mac users in the real world.

If you want to meet some Mac users, join a MUG. Or go to an Apple store or CompUSA on the release date of a major product. On the day 10.1 was going to be released there were a ton of Mac users waiting outside of the CompUSA in Chicago. Kind of funny since 10.1 didn't show up until a week later. Bastards!!!

Matthew

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

25% is a great number....we wouldn't be like Microsoft....so we could still be different....or whatever their new slogan is supposed to be!

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I want to see Microsoft die for what they did, I don't want to see Linux taking over and I don't want to have more that 30%.

Not very good!

Ensign

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I want to see a 3-way split between Mac, Linux and Windoze. That would level the playing field.

8. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

nah.. then we wouldnt be different.

irmongoose

9. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

no more then 50%

I'd like the share to be up a lot. Then there would be more/faster updates to satisfy the masses. (i'm very obsessed right now since I need to upgrade from a PPC 6500 but want to wait for DDR and a faster bus.) I just wish theyd update a little faster. I dont want more then 50% to be apple though, then we'd be like M$. and the products would suffer.