Poll: Most Iraqis favor U.S. pullout in a year

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 27, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

cnn

so: they don't want us there, they support attacks on american troops, and they think they'd be able to do better on their own.

but we know what's better for the iraqis, right? is that how it works? or does their opinion not count?

i like what president clinton said in his ill-fated fox interview: "the people are the prize". i'm not sure if bush has forgotten that, or he never knew.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I think if they are ready, we should leave, because I know I'm sick of the Iraqi War...heck I was sick of it the day it started!

And the fact they support it is a win-win...the want us out, and we want out!

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Another Bad News item for the GOP to have hit theliberalmedia right before the midterms...

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I think sooner is better, especially if Iraqis themselves think so. Sounds good to me.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    So, basically... The Kurds are the only ones who aren't saying GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. Probably because those people have been hammered on by every other faction in Iraq for quite some time...

7. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Everyone but the kurds apparently want us OUUT...

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What do you expect they are surrounded by Muslims. Islam doesnt welcome anyone elses religion if you get the drift.

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

What they are not is Arab. The important point being, the Kurds have experienced the most clear benefit from the occupation. The Shiites are anxious for us to go so they can consolidate their hold over the national government, and the Sunnis -- well, we know their issues with the occupation. It's what they call in the old country, a BFM.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No, it doesn't.

Bush has already said it will be up to the next president to determine when and how to end the war.

In the end it has nothing to do with what the Iraqis want. It has to do with making sure that if the country falls completely and utterly to pieces, it happens on somebody else's watch, so they can be blamed.

For the next 28 months Bush will be sweating it out, hoping that our troops are not completely overwhelmed and forced to pull out, because that would prove the war has been a failure -- and he'd be left with nobody else to blame but himself.

12. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

How about withdrawing 90% of the troops and proving border security for semi-autonomous Kurdistan?

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I wish W's dad would have learned to pull out.

14. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

or found the wrong spider hole.

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

or missed out on getting his purple thumb inked at the polling place

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Thanks, I just *urp* puked in my mouth a little. *gah*

It's time to pack our stuff and get on the next airplane out of here, the Iraqis have spoken, although I suggest we just surround the country, because that place is going to come apart.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Ack. Reminds me of the old Vietnam-era joke: Vietnam is a pregnant situation because Nixon didn't know when to pull out.