Poll: Pets!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macmaniac, Jun 13, 2002.

?

What kind of Pet do you have?

1. Cat

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Dog

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Mouse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hamster

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Frog

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Snake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Rabbit

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Birds

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Fish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. More than one

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

What kind of pet do you have?
    Cat
    Dog
    Mouse
    Hamster
    Fish
    Snake
    Frog
    Rabbit
    Birds
    Other

2. Macmaniac thread starter macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Help Moderator I left Fish out of my Poll! Please correct this and add mutiple choice option!

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I have four cats, and a tortoise who I believe is about 70 years old now!

4. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

If you'd done it at that time (before anyone had responded) then you'd be able to delete the thread, and start it up again with the correct settings. Never mind though.

I have a hamster, Lucy. She's about 3 years old now, and still nibbling fingers whenever she gets the chance :p

Used to have a cat (when i lived in spain) and a dog (when i lived in U.A.E). My favourite would have to be cats though. They're just so.... feline :D

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've got a dog and two cats, here's a pic.

Couldn't do anything except add a couple options, the type of the poll is already chosen.

D

Attached Files:

• pets.jpg
      pets.jpg
      File size:
      45.8 KB
      Views:
  6. The Bender macrumors member

Poo Face

This is Poo Face, or Pooey for short. Pooey burrows under the bedclothes between my wife an I every night, in an attempt to stop us making anything that will compete with him for attention. He also goes around the floor eating fluff. Pretty stupid, and gives him huge furballs. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. The Bender macrumors member

... and this is Number Three, in her usual attacking mode.:eek:

Attached Files:

8. The Bender macrumors member

Last one

OK ok, last one. This is Trickle, almost two years ago now. She is now a huge lump of fluff that sleeps 25 hours a day. She is the product of Pooey and Three, who also happen to be brother and sister, hence her lower than average intellect. :(

Attached Files:

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I have an African Dwarf Frog...had him for about 2 years now...

I didn't think he's last this long! :eek: :D

10. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

bender and duke~ those are gorgeous cats you've got there. This is making me wish i had one (or more) again :(

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Is that because you have a tendency to kill your pets or African Dwarf Frogs don't live that long.....;)

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Thanks britboy - They are both my wife's actually, came with the marriage, you know. They are both the softest cats I've ever seen(felt) its amazing. The black one is Yogi and the White one (with blue eyse) is Booboo.

The dog - Marley - we got together, even before we were engaged and she's more my dog, since I ended up doing most of the training and actually playing with her - fetch/walking and stuff. If my wife is home, Marley is happy just to curl up next to her, but when I'm home she's barking at me to go out and play....

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I honestly didn't think they lived a long time. It was bought from a kiosk in the mall by an ex-girlfriend before my present. They are so small, I had no idea...

and no I usually don't end up killing my pets...I've eaten a few though... :eek:

just kidding... ;)

14. iGav macrumors G3

I have a Dalmation..... called Perdy after Joanna Lumleys character in The New Avengers.......

She's totally hyper and smiles almost continuously........ :)

15. The Bender macrumors member

If you want I can send you one over in the post :D . We have thousands of street cats here. It's v. sad. Most very diseased and unhappy, average life span = 2 years. Pooey and Three were street cats until they found my apartment. They installed themselves while my back was turned and then offered to let me live there on condition that I feed them regularly.
    :rolleyes:

The cats are here from when the British were in charge. They brought them in to deal with the rat problem. Stupid British! :p

16. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

There's a similar situation in Yemen (where i used to live). Cats all over the place. My dad once accidentally kicked one out a building from the third floor! :D

17. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Jeez..... what a time to ask.

Presently between my wife and I we have:

3 cats:
    Luna-5 Yr old Silver-grey shorthair (altered Female).
    We hand raised her from a litter of kittens a cat we rescued had before we could get her to a shelter.

Harley- 4 Yr old black-on beige tiger-stripe tabby (altered male) Hand raised from Luna's litter. Harley has taken over the "mom" position with foster kittens from Grace.

Grace - presumed 5 Yr old white (obese) shorthair (altered female).Grace was an extremely shy foster cat we had originally while milady was an Animal Control officer for the local SPCA. She foster-mothered 3 litters of shelter kittens while her ears healed from skin-cancer surgery.

We also presently have 4 foster kittens. 2 are rehabilitated (by us) feral kittens of about 10 weeks and the other 2 are 5 week old kittens that are absolutely sweet.

We also have a ball python.

-Duke

I used to have a 13Lb black longhaired altered-Male called Loki that looked very similar to your black cat. He was Badass.... I got him a spiked black dog-collar so if he got into it with something too big he'd have a chance. This cat once stared down a FAMILY of raccons alone and drove them off. He got bone cancer about 2 years ago and I had to put him down.It took a dose scaled to a 50Lb animal. I miss that cat.

18. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

If I had a pet I'd have a dog (damn apartment living).

Great Danes are my favorite breed...a big dog you can really get out and play with.:)

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I know lots of dogs you can really get out and play with.

Even my dog, who isn't big is awesome at frisbee and chasing/playing/swimming. We went to a friends lake house which had a dock out to the lake. None of the other dogs (about 5 or so came with all the other friends) would jump off the end of the dock - about 2-3' off the water. I run off the dock and jump in and my dog was right behind me the whole way. Made me sort of proud, actually, and she kept doing it all afternoon. Pretty much couldn't keep her out of the water....and I also throw the frisbee 200' and she can run and catch it - starting in a sit right next to me - and bring it back for the next throw.

Now I'm sure everyone's got great dog stories, and I'm not trying to start a 'my dog is better than your dog', but she is the 3rd dog I've had and by far the best one yet.:D

20. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Awww, doesn't it look cute when it's wallowing in it's own feces?

Attached Files:

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

22. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I don't know what it is. Whatever it is it's been alive for 5 years. Someone gave me a mail-order frog kit for christmas. You get a little tank and sen a coupon away for a frog. I recieved 3 deceased frogs in the mail before I got this one.

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Oh, that's terrible. Mailing the frogs and they die...I hope they don't get and animal activist groups on their butts....glad to see this one survived as long as it did.;)

24. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

You left out one very important selection for pets... 'NONE'!! I have 0 pets, and my apartment thanks me. I work long hours (at times) and it wouldn't be fair to the animal. I also don't have much of a yard where I live, so there really isn't any run room for things like dogs.

My mother has the toy poodle that my father got when he was sick. She kept the dog after dad passed, just because his is too damned cute. I also like to terrorize and play rough with him... someone has to :D. Nothing funnier then taking him into the back yard (at mom's place), clapping your hands and telling him to run... He runs, growl, and keeps running as long as you tell him to... He has to get exercise somehow... and my niece and nefew are old enough that he doesn't go after them anymore.

IMNSHO poodles are the smarter dogs (of almost all breeds), they DON'T shed (since they have hair that grows), and are very well behaved (for the most part).

25. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac