Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I love my Camino on my Intel Mac mini. There may be results recently that suggest it's slower than some alternatives but it's totally instant on my Mac and you can't get faster than that :) It also seems to have wide ranging compatibility, is clean looking and very simple.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Firefox. (Or Bon Echo 2.0a3 to be precise, Firefox 2.0b1 was just to messed up.)

Cannot live without flashblock (or adblock plus since flashblock doesn't work with 2.0, yet), my search engines** and find-as-you-type (AcidSearch cannot be used with Webkit nightly builds, which is the only version of Safari/Webkit based browser that doesn't crash regularly on one of my most frequented sites). Sage is also a better RSS reader, IMO, than Safari's built in function.

Webkit nightly, that I've been trying out for a while is very nice though, and blazing fast. With a bit better plug-ins control (flashblock), search engines and find-as-you-type, I might go back to Safari... maybe...

Picture 2.png

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
using safari as this is my first mac and i have only had it about 60 days.
installed camino last night but havent had the time to evaluate it.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I'll probably use Safari until Shiira implements keychain access and a Safari-like spell checker (and gets an attractive set of toolbar icons). Shiira is definitely fast and has great features. The 2.0 release is upcoming and it looks very promising.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
Firefox. Nothing else compares to it for me. I HATE Safari. Ugh. Opera is my back-up browser. I actually LOVE opera, firefox just has a higher comfort level for me.

lexus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
celebrian23 said:
Firefox. Nothing else compares to it for me. I HATE Safari. Ugh. Opera is my back-up browser. I actually LOVE opera, firefox just has a higher comfort level for me.
I feel uncomfortable in FF as I lost alot of emails through it and now do not trust it.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Webkit nightly, that I've been trying out for a while is very nice though, and blazing fast. With a bit better plug-ins control (flashblock), search engines and find-as-you-type, I might go back to Safari... maybe...

How are the webkit nightlies used?

Edit: In other words, what do you do with the webkit nightly when you download it?

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
I'm using Firefox, but have noticed lately that it is eating ram. I might try another browser for a while.
I'm on Safari 1, which I didn't find great, so can anyone reccommend an alternative for me?

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
radiantm3 said:
It went public beta today. :)

I just installed it... it is definitely the fastest browser I've tried. I wish it used tabs like Safari and Firefox though. I'm not really liking the sidebar tabs thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.