Poll: What next gen console would you most likely buy/have you bought?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macnoviz, Jul 22, 2006.

?

What next gen console would you buy?

1. Playstation 3

22 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Wii

123 vote(s)
    67.6%
  3. XBox 360

31 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. none

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

It surprises me this has not yet been asked (or I really can't work with the search tool) But if you had to buy a next gen console, which one would you pick first. If you are planning on buying more than one, answer with your favorite one. The rumors about the Apple logo on the PS3 site and the Nintendo partnership have been seriously discussed here, so it is not completely unrelated.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I've already got an Xbox 360 :D and I will be purchasing a Wii.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wii (I'm a creative kinda guy) and perhaps the 360 IF Halo 3 is good. read; not another Halo 2.

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

woot.. wii 9points, everything else 0..

hope it stays like that.

squarefrog.
    supporting the underdogs since 1982

6. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Already got a 360, almost certainly gonna get a Wii, may get a PS3 depending on price

7. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

well im a fool i voted 360 and wii thinking it was a checkmark poll but no it wasnt so it posted 360 which i already have and i plan on getting a wii

heh...wii...

:cool:

8. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

*massive inhale* Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

wii for me.

I may get a 360 at some point for halo, but I wouldn't do that for at least a couple more years; I really don't want to spend that kind of money for a game system when it wont even be my primary system. :cool:

10. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

Already got a 360 and I really like the Wii too. :D

11. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Like Plinkoman says a Wii for now and a 360 sometime in the next few years when the price goes down.

12. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

wii wins hands down. Sadly. I voted 'none' as I can't afford xbox/sony prices.

13. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Wii! I've never actually bought a console, except for a used Super NES in 1998. I've always bought portables, because I'm a sucker for platform Mario games. But it's just so... cool... plus, I'll get to play all my platform Mario games!

14. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I love how the PS3 has one vote.

The Sony guy in charge would probably break out some B.S. like, "Oh, they only think they want the Wii. They're obviously stupid consumers. They mean that they want the PS3. Consumers only want really good graphics. The interface can completely suck."

Daniel.

15. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i doubt i'll get any (maybe that will change with price decreases). although i think ps3 will be the best out of the 3, i would say i am most likely to get a wii.

16. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I have a 360, I love the thing. The Wii is tempting but I'll make up my mind when it is finally released, I'm not going to buy it just because it is made by Nintendo. The PS3 holds no interest for me, it is way too expensive in Australia AUD$1000, bugger that I'll buy a standalone Blu-ray or HD-DVD player when the time is right.

17. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

None option is pretty useless as people who have no interest in a next-gen console thread wouldn't read it :p

Seems like Apple users love the Wii, thanks to its Apple-style thinking and design.

18. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

The PS3 option is apparently pretty useless too. :p

Daniel.

19. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Haha! :D :D Well I'm a little surprized myself, I thought the PS3 is reasonable value for money *prepares to be killed*.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Perhaps it's more than that? If Sony went the creative route instead of the same old route then I'd probably follow them instead. We're mac users, we're mostly educated. graphics mean less, we're more into the smart side of things. We're not apart of the super cool "l33t" folk who drive around modified granny cars spouting rubbish about how real car games look. perhaps? Who knows.

I'd have bought a 360 if it offered me something new. instead it offers something tried and tested but in HD resolutions. Nothing wrong with that if there is a creative alternative. I just don't see the point in both the PS3/360 existing when they are so similar, in a cynical sort of way.

oh, it is. But buying your own train is also reasonable value for money. think how much you'd save travelling long distances and renting it out to people. It's just the initial payment that puts people off. My own wind farm would be excellent value for money, would you mind buying me one?

21. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Well im a mac user for about 8 years and im going to get a PS3. No I am not l33t or a graphic freak. I got a DS lite and going to also get a Wii.

22. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I'm not really that hard core gaming wise, so I'll be quite content just having a Wii. :)

23. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I'm interested in all three, but I voted for Wii.

24. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

You know writing poll in the name of the title is pointless as it automatically says poll next to the name?