Poll: Which news station do you watch?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by NusuniAdmin, Apr 25, 2004.

1. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    Wow this is the 3'rd thread ive opened in past week. Oh well, so which news station do you watch, I usually like to watch Fox as well as ABC.
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    If anything at all, it's whatever I look at over my shoulder in case something appealing shows up. I don't care for news stations, in general.

Vote: None in particular
  3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    usually fox. cnn drives me nuts with their slant. while most people will complain that fox is slanted the other direction, i just think because it's more central that it seems slanted.
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I just have basic cable so I don't get CNN or Fox. I stopped watching ABC, CBS, or NBC a long time ago because of their profound bias. The only TV news that I watch is our local 11pm news on WCVB.
  5. NusuniAdmin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    it is pretty funny watching O'Reily bash on liberals :D :p
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

When we cut back on our cable I lost CNN, and CNBC, I also watched MSNB often, now I just read websites for my news, or I watch the 10 o'colck news which is usually FOX, being FOX our local news is actually quite good and surprisingly balanced, I guess old Rupe has not dug his fingers too far into my local station;)
  7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    O'Reilly is a self important nutjob. At one point he was rational but he has slid from the realm of reason.
  8. womencantsail macrumors member

Feb 26, 2004
    Siberian Labor Camp
    Read this
  9. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
  10. jzieske macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2003
    Bloomington, MN
    I too have gotten sick of CNN's constant Left leaning bias, and now only watch FOX News. It may lean right, but they are not afraid to bash republicans who screw up too. I got sick of CNN bashing Bush all the time and never saying a thing about democrats doing anything wrong.
  11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    The networks liberal? Oh, puh-leeze. In years past, they used to ask a lot more hard questions than they do now that they're all owned by other big corporations.

For a number of years CNN was a bastion of hard news, but since Ted Turner's gone they've become just a national version of your typical local "happy talk" news.

I suspect everything I hear on Fox.
  12. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC

I have to agree with that...

My favorite news station is Fox News, but I do try to watch CNN as much as I can so that I can get "both sides of a story".

I also like to watch news from other countires, but I don't get to do that often.

I don't care much for network news, and so I don't watch it.

Maybe this could be a Macrumors poll?
  13. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC

I suspect everything I hear PERIOD!
  14. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

Nov 30, 2003
    news and media in general are all evil to a certain extent. I don't watch TV much, never watch news.

the worst kind of media are the shows based on celebrity news. its all just a haven for nosey people with no life and needs to be stopped. just because someone is in the public eye does not mean we should know who they are having sex with or who they did drugs with etc.
  15. macka macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2004
    GAh! American news...I read cnn.com, when I can be bothered to put up with the ads, is that close enough? :D
  16. evil macrumors 6502

May 2, 2003
    chicago ex-toronto
    the best one out of the choices available is cp24.
  17. blackfox macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2003
    BBC...when I have the chance...mostly I just read the news...most often from the NYT or from the Wash. Post when I can find it...don't get me started on Fox News...but in fairness, they are all pretty bad as they are owned by big business...again, why I watch BBC
  18. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I get all my news from the Daily Show. I'm serious--I Tivo it, and that's how I make sure I'm up to date on the top news stories. Yes, I realize it's fake, but you can find out a lot from that show.

Besides that, I read the NY Times online and subscribe to the local newspaper, and I listen to NPR whenever I'm in the car. I never watch TV news. I can't stand it.
  19. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    BBC news 24 mostly, although I'll try to catch a headline from CNN just to see how badly wrong they are getting it..... ;) :D

The BBC may have had it's ups and downs lately, but it's still the best news gathering service on the planet.
  20. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    BBC News 24 (although their reporting is sometimes as biased as any other)

And SKY News too... they're more diverse.

I read lot's of newspapers as well, I like to have a relatively broad general knowledge of what is going on in the world, so I'll read The Times and the creatives cliche, The Guardian. heheh
  21. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Apr 27, 2003
    Bradford, UK
    Ditto. I have News 24 turned on all the time and I also keep a copy of the Reuters news site open whenever I'm at a computer (I guess I'm a bit of an information junkie).
  22. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
  23. PalmHarborTchr macrumors member

Feb 26, 2003
    Now, be fair..FauxNews appeals to a very large community in the
    US...the "Stupid Community" as well as the "Brain damaged Community".
    They need a source that reflects their thinking too. :D
  24. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Dec 14, 2001
    Fox is so slanted they make Rush look like Clinton's strip club buddy. They are sooo far right it's not even worth arguing about. They make it known. Just watch one of their typical shows that has a democrat on and watch them rip him/her. They are too far right for me. They are too biased, too blind and too ignorant.

I watch CNN because they seem to have a fairly split view. I think they might be more open minded to the left, but have a lot of right handed topics/opinions that they are fairly centered. They at least let the right have a voice, but with guests/topics and viewer comments.

Fox is just so far right they try and stifle the left's voice/opinion and then try to belittle their view.
  25. Dippo macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Actually ALL NEWS is slanted whether you think it is or not.
    If you have "left" views, then CNN will seem more "center" and Fox will seem "far right".
    If you have "right" views, then CNN will seem "far left" and Fox will seem more "center".

Calling everyone at Fox News blind and ignorant is nonsense. They know exactly what they are doing, and they are giving their audience the news they want to see, which is no different than any other news station.