Poll: Will/would you switch carriers for an iPhone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Mar 17, 2006.

?

Will you switch carriers for an iPhone?

1. Yes - I me want iPhone now

65 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Yes - when my current contract runs out

32 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. No - I don't care about an iPhone

33 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. No - Apple probably won't release the iPhone where I am

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. No - I hate cell phones

10 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Other

27 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Taking inspiration from a post in the latest Apple iPhone thread on the front page, I present the following poll

All options assume the price is right. And yes, I know I mistyped the first option...

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Hehe...no cell phone service where I live, so I had to pick "Other" being that if one came out, I'd probably buy it when the cell phone tower goes up. (It was supposed to be active at the end of Feb....not sure what's up with that.)

3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

They will release the iPhone here (of course…) but would NEVER switch from my beloved verizon. i get service everywhere i need it (except international but thats a different story), and would never want to switch to some other service.

it will probably never be for verizon (they released their own music store) so i really don't care.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Depending on what service they'll carry it on. I'm with Cingular until December, and they're absolute crap, so if the phone was available on someone besides Cingular, then yes....depending on the carrier. I won't switch to Sprint, I've heard they're worse than Cingular here.

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Other.
    I have a company phone, and we are with Verizon. Can't see switching carriers and giving up free phone service. Beside, I just paid $250 to upgrade to a Treo 650, replacing my Palm T3 and LG VX6100 with a single device. I don't mind carrying a Treo and an iPod.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I probably wouldn't switch carriers, because Cingular here matches or beats Verizon, and I can still use my phone outside the US, should I ever go to Europe again (I hope. Spa '15!). Also, it would have to match or beat the SE S710a in features (that I use. MMS doesn't matter to me) and design (I <3 the swivel)

7. iRachel macrumors 6502a

I just got a new phone on Tuesday. I won't have a need for another one for a while.

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well you are located on the "Edge of Reality"... :)

I voted for the "Yes -now!" option as my trusty T68i is wearing out pretty quickly. I'm lucky to get a full 2 days of battery life on standby. :(

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Seeing that Cingular has had the iTunes phones, I would think they would be a carrier to have an iPhone. Are we thinking Apple will have their own service?

10. Xenious macrumors 6502a

This needs to be unlocked GSM or its not for me. I don't want to ever deal with a provider in buying a phone.

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Don't have a cell phone, don't have a desire to have one. Apart from needing one in an emergency, I don't see the need in my situation. My wife has one through work, which has come in handy the odd time for us, however not enough to buy one ourselves. I know I'll eventually have one, but am definitely not in a rush to get one.

12. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Still dont undersatand what would be so special about an Apple phone.

Please enlighten me....

13. roach macrumors regular

It's for apple lemmings...to go with their 3 other ipods.

14. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

No, i barely use my phone and it works for me. So, spending money on a phone would be fixing something that isnt broke.

15. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I chose other because I would love to have an iPhone but am sort of locked into my current carrier. My dad works for the state of Illinois and so gets a deal through Verison on plans and phones that is a little to good to let go of.

16. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Nor do I. I mean my phone still works and is in great shape. Maybe when I wanted to upgrade I would but only if it was Cingular. I can't stand that "only in America" crap that Verizon and Sprint offer.

17. zach macrumors 65816

zach

no, it's not worth it to me to pay the contract buyout etc.

i might consider it when my contract expires though.

18. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Cell phones are evil and wrong. I have one because I have to, but do what I can to encourage people to contact me other, less intrusive, ways.

19. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Probably not because i need a new cellphone tomorrow (LCD broke) Bean Bag chairs are harder than you would expect :/

20. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I hate my current carrier (Verizon) with a passion. Really I think they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service sucks, the reception sucks, their phones suck, I really have nothing good to say about them. I've been looking for a good reason to switch to Cingular for a while now, so there's a strong possibility that if the iPhone is released, I'll buy one, pay the early termination fee with Verizon, and switch to Cingular.

21. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I don't know if they will be released here but I wouldn't change carriers for it.

22. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

No, I like my cell phone number too much to switch. :eek:

23. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Good bye T-Mobile, hello Cingular! I'd switch in a nanosecond, pun intended.

24. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I would, but I have a 2 year commitment, and I hate Cingular with a passion.