Poll: Will you buy the iPad Case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RR08EvoX, Feb 27, 2010.

?

Will you buy the Apple iPad Case

1. No, I will not buy the Apple Branded iPad Case

15 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Yes, I plan on buying the Apple Branded iPad Case the same day I purchase my iPad

100 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Yes, but I plan on buying the Apple Branded iPad Case sometime after purchasing my iPad

20 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. No, I plan on buying a third party iPad case

41 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. macrumors member

Simple, 4 question poll. Please choose the option that best fits your thoughts about buying an iPad case.

*Information and pictures regarding the iPad case are located towards the bottom of this page on Apples site: http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

2. macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I will purchase a nice sleeve when they become available by someone. The apple case is just too odd/bulky looking and plus its $$$.

3. macrumors 68020

Yeah I'm gonna buy the Apple Case + the Dock on launch day.

4. macrumors 6502a

not buying anything for it yet. I like my apple gear naked, after all that effort Mr. Ives put into it. Although if I find it slipping and sliding off my legs I might get a neoprene type sleeve for it, just to make it a little stickier, and to stop it marking/scratching my coffee table

I like the idea of the Apple case, but the execution looks cheap and nasty. I expect the usual 3rd party suspects to copy and improve on the case/stand concept in the next few months.

Is there anything like this for the ipod touch? I use that on trains/planes a lot and would like something that'll make it stand up when watching a movie.

5. macrumors 68000

bobob

I agree - - I'm going to have to see what that sharp edge weld feels like in person before I consider buying one, but the overall design seems good.

6. macrumors 601

goobot

7. macrumors 68000

+1

I haven't had a case on any of my iPhone's and won't be using on on the iPad.

8. macrumors regular

Astro8973

I will eventually buy a case. I don't know if I will when I pick up my iPad on launch day though. I really need to see/feel apple's case before spending $40 on it. It looks kind of cheap in the pictures. :/

9. macrumors 6502a

AceFernalld

Apple Case + Apple Dock + $150 in iTunes + 64GB iPad (w/o 3G)

10. macrumors 68040

There are going to be so many cases and stands for this thing it will make your head spin

11. macrumors 6502

thejakill

I'm interested in the m-edge lattitude case, but just as a case to carry it in. When I use my ipad, I want it to be naked!

12. macrumors member

Rtfq

That would be the "No, I will not buy the Apple Branded iPad Case" option. If you are going to buy a 3rd party one you would choose "No, I plan on buying a third party iPad case".

13. thread starter macrumors member

^ lol, thanks for clarifying that for him/her

14. macrumors regular

For me the attraction of the case is its ability to prop up the iPad in a way that makes it easier to look at the screen without holding the device in your hand. I'm thinking this might be especially helpful if one chooses to use the Apple bluetooth keyboard.

That said, I'm certainly open to 3rd-party alternatives.

15. macrumors 68040

I'm going to want a number of case i know that. I'm a case nut (Or a nut case...not sure which)

16. macrumors 68000

bobob

lol!

17. macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

64gb non-3g iPad + Apple Case + keyboard dock + camera plug

18. macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

ditto.

Epic Fail.

19. macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Hyperbole FTW.

I'm not sure which is more entertaining, the use of the phrase in this situation or the use of phrase 6 posts after the issue was already addressed/answered.

20. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

No, i'll probably get something better. Im not liking Apple cases.

21. macrumors 68040

There should be an "I'll decide whether to buy the Apple case when I see it in person" option.

22. macrumors 68000

bobob

If you consider smug mockery to be a means of answering/addressing an issue, then you're correct.

The OP has said this was intended as a simple poll focused on whether people will be buying the Apple branded iPad case. A couple of posters have pointed out that they would have liked a poll option for no case at all. Another suggested an option for deciding after seeing it. If anything, I would say that these suggestions are a compliment to the OP, because they see the value in this poll, but are offering refinements which would have made it even better.

At any rate, they are much more constructive posts in comparison to your condescending post which simply attempts to impotently 'pile on', while not adding anything of relevance to the topic at hand.

23. macrumors member

I don't understand the concept of buying a sexy device and then putting it in a clunky case. No case plz. Thanks. Just gotta be careful. I don't think I will be mountain climbing AND trying to e-read on the iPad on the same time too often.

24. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I like the fact that the Apple case makes it possible to prop the iPad up. This should be quite convenient for typing. I'll either buy the Apple case, or look at something similar from another manufacturer.

25. macrumors 68040

This is why I'm interested in a case, too. I keep my iPhone naked and would generally prefer to do the same with the iPad, but it seems like a properly designed case might improve the ergonomics of using it in certain situations.