Poll: Your Favorite Race in Starcraft?

Discussion in 'Games' started by eXan, Aug 9, 2006.

?

Your most favorite Starcraft Race?

1. Zerg

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Terran

18 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Protoss

32 vote(s)
    51.6%
  4. None

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

So which race in Starcraft is your favorite and why? I'm really curious to see the results of this poll :)

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

3. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Ahhhh why are you guys so quick to answer? ;) The poll is being added after you click on "submit thread" button, so it comes up later.

4. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

5. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Agreed

6. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

7. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

I can :rolleyes: By Terran, Protoss or (duh) Zerg.

My favorite race is Terran. Second is Protoss, then Zerg. Terrans are seem to the most powerful and universal race in SC, they can counter every enemy tactics with ease.

8. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I think that we should look at this with two points of view:

--What happens when each race has built its strongest units
    --What happens in every other situation.

In the first questions, I think protoss are the best to fight with, because they have the strongest units...

But they have one great disadvantage: Their build cost and build time. Both these features make me turn on terrans, because they are flexible, they can be repaired, and have many tactics to repell nearly all attacks. They are also cheap.

I don't like zerg at all, but the point is that I have seen Zerg players perform miracles against protoss, so, I'll just pass on this one.

One note: Starcraft is the most balanced game of all time. More balaced than Warcraft 3.

9. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Pre-BW, protoss, especially when you're on a team and micromanaging.
    With BW, terran. Incredibly flexible. My 1 on 1 race of choice.

Zerg get pretty sick near end-game, but my play style usually doesn't progress past tier-2 tech. So they don't play to my strengths.

10. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Playing Terran is considered more difficult than other races, but its mainly because of repairing and spelling casts (Science Vessels and Ghosts for example). Also Terran dont have "univesal" mid-game units like Hydralisks or Dragoons, but if you're skilled enough, this is not an issue. Unlike with any other SC race, Blizzard makes you compose you Terran army of different types of units, and this is really effective, but requires some more skill to perform.

SC is so much more better than WC3! Now when even better SC2 will be released? :eek:

11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I really didn't expect Zerg to be so far behind in this poll, I always hated playing Zerg, but my friends loved them.

12. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I always liked Terran because of the Marines. It's so much fun to just throw a ton of Marines in to an enemy base and see how much they can chew through. ;)

13. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Just dont forget to send Medics with them, so they can level the enemy base for sure ;)

14. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Toss in a couple firebats if you're going up against a protoss, and it's like swallowing whole instead of chewing.

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

16. Miguey macrumors 6502

terran, i like them because i remember the marine made me laugh..

Computer Voice-Press any key

Marine-Well, which ones the any key?

:p

17. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

and carriers! so its more like four words.

18. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

mmmmmmm I'm gonna have to fire up the ol game tomorrow (which is actually later today) and see what fun I can have.:cool:

and I voted protos btw. Those carriers looks so freakin cool!

19. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Voted 'Toss as they were the team I was best with, but as you guys have said Terran was the hardest to play well as.

To this day I have never beaten the last few level of BW for Zerg without cheating.

20. mkaake macrumors 65816

I can't believe no one has mentioned the yamamoto gun...

21. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Starcraft is definitely one of the best, if not the best, RTS game of all time. Even playing vs. the computer was fun. I just worry that Blizzard is so absorbed in World of Wacraft (by absorbed, I mean addicted to continuous cash flow) that they may never get started on a Starcraft sequel. I think most of the people who worked on the original are gone now too. :( I always like playing Terrans, not because they're the most human-like, just because of the strategies involved.

22. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I can withstand the zerg rush. That is so weak. Try going for a zealot rush. That something to strive for.

23. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Canons are weak. People who use those as their primary attack instead of units are lame. Or if they focus on just building defense with them. Also Lame. One thing that bothers me now about SC is people still want 15 min No Rush. That game is almost 10 years old. There should be no rules at all. Just clean fun domination.

24. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

15min NR = Fastest Money maps...which are retarded. I agree, if you lose to a rush, well you lost. 4 pool is nowhere near as devestating now as it was back in SC vanilla. 200mineral pool + much slower spawn rate...there's really no excuse now.

And a question to those who voted none--does that mean your race preference would be random then?

25. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Zealot rush is easier to resist than zeerglin rush, actually. Just make sure you have some Firebats with stim pack and Medics :)

Canons are weak only against good players, but are pretty useful against bots. If you download and watch replays of some SC Pros battle with each other, you'd see that units are far better at defense than turrets.

BTW this game is 8 years old, not 10 :D