Pon Farr, A vulcan "thing"

Discussion in 'Community' started by diorio, Oct 30, 2002.

1. diorio macrumors 6502a

I just curious to know if there is anyone familiar with pon farr, a vulcan characterstic occuring every 7 years. Basically if they don't mate they go crazy. If they "jolly" themselves, is this still the case? Just a question for all the trekkies to investigate.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I thought they tried to answer that one on an episode of Voyager, something about using holodeck characters - almost sounds like Quark's holodeck programs.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Far as I know, they're not supposed to have sex with anyone but their wives, and masturbation is frowned upon. but yes, they go bonkers. I have some technical questions about the whole holodeck scenario, but they're for somewhere else :)

thank god for the holodeck tho, poor voyager women... i'm told vulcans have forked *****es.

:)
    pnw

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just watch out for those painful plasma burns from faulty equipment. ;)

5. diorio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Where did you hear that? I guess that would be pretty painful.:D

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I would think, except for the vulcan himself.. double your pleasure double your fun...

as the story goes, in the novels that were popular after the first Star Trek series, Kirk and Spock were very close, which led to a small fan base claiming they were ... *ahem* anyway. So the writers came out and said that it wasn't physically possible and gave that as a reason.

Sorry you asked yet? ;)

and why is ***** censored? hehehe

:)
    pnw

7. diorio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I am almost sorry I asked, but this is some interesting information presented here. I think ***** is censored because some people got into a name calling incident:D

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Everytime they refer to the Pon Farr it seems to be more of a mental thing then a physical thing. Kind of like when they mind meld.

9. diorio thread starter macrumors 6502a