Pool games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Caezar, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Caezar macrumors 6502

Jun 9, 2004
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Can you recommend a good pool game? I thought of buying Maximum Pool, but I could not find the Mac version anywhere.
  2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

Dec 8, 2003
  3. brap macrumors 68000

May 10, 2004
    3D-Ultra cool pool from Sierra is awesome - runs fine under Virtual PC, too.

edit: For reference I'm on a 1.33 Powerbook. The PC is assigned 64MB memory, Windows 98.
  4. benbondu macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2004
    If you're looking for a pool simulation then the Virtual Pool series is very good. The only one released for mac was Virtual Pool 1, but that had the majority of the features anyway. It really does a good job of training your eye to do basic cut shots and experiment with english. In my opinion those are the only things a computer program can really help with.

Virtual Pool 2 added better graphics and the ability to jump the ball, but I found it too difficult to control jumps with a mouse. It was more of a distraction and frustration than anything. Virtual Pool 3 tweaked the physics unnoticably and added better background graphics. The best part about VP3 was they replaced Machine Gun Lou with Jeanette Lee.

If you want something to improve your actual game, then VP1 will do the job nicely. If you want wacky fun gameplay with sexy graphics then you'll be better off with something else.