Poor Rush...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Dec 4, 2003.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I guess he doesn't like to be treated like a drug addict.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031204/ap_on_en_ot/limbaugh_pain_killers_9

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh now he minds when a politically motivated prosecutor goes on a "fishing expedition"!:p

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

uhhh... i listen to rush whenever i get a chance... and he specifically told people to NOT feel sorry for him. and to NOT pity him. and to NOT feel bad for him. i respect that man a great deal, but he's no martyr- i don't think there is any reason to feel sorry for him- just wish him a speedy recovery. and although he has been back on the air for about a week now, i'm sure the fight isn't over...

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Uh... he claims he's being persecuted because of his "prominence and well-known political opinions." If that's not an invitation to martyrdom, then I don't know what is. The sad reality is that if it weren't for his wealth and celebrity, he wouldn't be talking on the radio about an alleged "invasion of privacy" by criminal investigators, he'd probably be in prison, where he could learn about invasions of privacy first hand. Ironically, that's precisely the fate he's recommended for other drug addicts.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and his little trick worked. it sounds like you feel rather sorry for him.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That stuff about not feeling sorry for him was code for "feel sorry for me". It's a classic conservative tactic of coding your message. All his friends in the conservative media should take that to read "make a hero out of me" while he denies he wants that role.:D

Zimv20 found this a while ago, and I think it sums up quite well how Rush would handle this were the situation reversed somehow.

What if Bill Clinton had been caught with an addiction to perscription painkillers. I realize it's satire, but I think all the dittoheads here would agree that Rush would have been merciless on Clinton, and so I say he deserves the same in return.
    :D :D :D