pop.googlemail certificate problem in Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by allan_zip, Jun 23, 2006.

1. allan_zip macrumors regular

allan_zip

Recently everytime i open Apple Mail i get a warning saying "Unable to verify ssl server pop.googlemail.com", stopping me from connecting online and retrieving my mail from my gmail account. It warns that the certificate may not be authentic. I have deleted and reset all my account details in Mail but still no dice. Anyone know what the problem could be and better yet how i could deal with it?

2. whomadeamark macrumors newbie

i use googlemail on Apple Mail as well and it works perfectly, i think it should be set to 'pop.gmail.com' instead of the full 'pop.googlemail.com'

hope you solve the problem!
    ~ Mark

3. allan_zip thread starter macrumors regular

allan_zip

Changed them but no luck. Still getting the certificate warning. The configuration instructions for gmail specify "googlemail.com" in all cases.
    :confused:

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

In the UK it's googlemail,something to do with a trade name dispute,but older accounts are still gmail.com.

5. fatties macrumors regular

i just did mine yesterday and it works ok (pop.googlemail +xxx@gmail). did yours ever work? or is it just a 'suddenly i think i might just pack up and not work' thing?

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

it does this with my Warwick email, but not my GMail account, hopefully apple'l fix it with 10.4.7

7. allan_zip thread starter macrumors regular

allan_zip

It worked fine when i first configured it about 6 months back and only recently packed in.

8. frobries macrumors newbie

Check the date and time settings on your computer

Wildly off date and time settings on your computer can screw up the SSL handshake and cause "invalid cert" problems.