pop up(?) at tvguide.com

Discussion in 'Community' started by jelloshotsrule, Aug 16, 2002.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not sure if anyone else has seen this... but i noticed an ad scheme i'd not seen before..

go to tvguide.com and click on tv listings at the left

the screen where you put your zip code in will come up.... as well as the most disgusting form of pop up type ads i've ever seen.....

gross.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I didn't get any results with my input of the zip code, and I didn't get any pop-up ads.

But I always thought TVguide sucked so much c!!! it's not even funny. I think that is the worst TV channel, which is why I live very happily with DirecTV Satellite (in NJ). :p

What were the ads like?

3. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

OMG!! That's the most hideous thing I've ever seen.

That officially marks the death of human decency.

4. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

end of human decency indeed

cobra, if you can, use ie... if you didn't already. mozilla and whatever other browsers might shut down the ad..

it's basically a chevrolet racing team ad that comes up over the page. over the middle of it... it's loud (car racing sound) and it blocks you from entering your zip code until the little ad has run its course... click on the zip code box and whoops, opened up the link....

gross as i said

5. vniow macrumors G4

Oh I saw that, it's pretty pathetic. At least it's not that long. It' sure as hell annoying though. :mad:

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Luckily, the ads don't load with my companion Netscape. :rolleyes:

But what it Juliana Hatfield's sake was THAT? :eek: :D :p :rolleyes:

I'm afriad to say that the advertisement industry has hit a new low.

Attached Files:

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well i'm not going to subject myself to it, but i think i know what you're talking about. A while back, weather.com had ads for Band of Brothers (HBO) that would move all over the screen, making battle noises and crap. usually they'd get stuck right over whatever feature i was looking at. luckily it didnt last long, but i dont use weather.com anymore, any site that's willing to do that isn't worth it. went and bought myself WeatherPop instead :)

pnw

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think Altavista has resorted to pop-ups, but not like the ones I just saw. I never saw anything before in the format of this tvguide.com crap.

Well, here is my idea of an advertisement. Enjoy! :D :p

Attached Files:

9. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i generally use navigator (chimera) so it doesn't affect me much. nor do i care for tvguide.com

but i happened to use it twice recently to find something out and bam. just had to share my distaste...