Popcorn compression question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yOyOYoo, Mar 2, 2005.

1. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

After ripping a DVD with mac the ripper, and using Popcorn to copy, how much compression is going to be noticable??

I know you can fit a 7gb dual layered DVD onto a 4.7GB disc, but for some copies I notice the compression can get up to 41% (Medium) quality. Is this noticable??

It's not a backup if you give it to someone else, it's piracy and we don't condone that here.

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Well, we ripped LotR using mac the ripper and burned it to a dvd-r using popcorn and for me, the quality was almost the same. I couldn't really tell the difference. I suppose it all depends on your home theater setup and how large the original dvd is. Popcorn is great though, only with mac the ripper of course.

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Please confine your discussions to legal uses of these programs, otherwise you are in breach of Forum Rules and risk being banned.

Thanks.

4. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Over 35% will show some degradation in the video quality.

5. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

That's ridiculous. You have no idea whether the C.R. material they are using is owned or not. If you're going to mod, be reasonable, rather than prejudice. Mac the Ripper makes is very clear what the law is, in case you haven't used it.

6. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

I really hope that alot of this conversation was edited out, cause this is moderation on a power trip.

Sorry, I just can't stand it.

BEN