Popcorn problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Solafaa, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I used popcorn before 10.4 and had no problems with it but now everytime i open the program and put a TS_Folder (speling?) or just a normal backup of my DVD it crashs. Yesterday i did a clean install of OS X and still i have the same problem.

Any ideas?

2. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Download the Tiger update from Roxio's site.

3. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I just installed the update and had the same problem, as soon as i drag anything in there or have a DVD inside my Mac it crashs, yes i made sure the software was updated and even restarted my mac.

4. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

same here. it simply does not want to work for me under Tiger. i've tried everything that comes to mind. upgrade, trash prefs, fix permissions etc. nothing. i've kind of given up.

5. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Since i need to use Popcorn can i install 1.3.9 on a the same Mac but under a different user or would i need to install it on a hard drive which i will partition?

6. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I'm assuming you meant "10.3.9", as in Panther. No, you cannot just switch users and install a new OS for that user. And you cannot install it onto a hard drive that you are going to partition. Well, you can but it would be a waste of time because partitioning a drive (the normal way) requires that drive to be completely erased. Kind of not worth it just for Popcorn. Or maybe you meant that you plan to partition, then install the OS. In either case, I'm guessing you just want to squeeze some ripped DVDs onto a single layer DVDR. No need to make a big to-do of it. Try this instead... http://www.dvd2one.com/

7. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Great little program, thanks.