Popcorn

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by virividox, Feb 9, 2004.

1. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

popcorn's gotten weird lately... i had green apple flavored popcorn last year, and more recently Cinnabun popcorn (complete with icing, the appearance of which I will spare you). I stick to my original high-cholesterol popcorn thanks :p

paul

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wonder how much of his own popcorn that Samuel M. Rubin consumed, he is the one who helped make popcorn the popular snack at movie theaters, has died. He was 85. My thoughts are with his family and friend. May he rest in peace.

It has been decades since I've had any theater popcorn. I do occasionally enjoy some flavored popcorn, prefer the cheese and carmel flavored.

3. pinto32 macrumors 6502

remember that colored popcorn from 10 or 15 years ago?
    .....can't go wrogn with blue popcorn....:D

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

When Columbus landed, the Native Americans showed him how you could heat kernels of corn, add a few other ingredients, and produce...

[​IMG]

Note: I didn't do especially well in history class, by the way.

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Man I hate popcorn. My fiance's parents came over in December and made a couple batches. I think our microwave still stinks like buttered feet.

6. Dros macrumors 6502

Mmmmm... buttered feet.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If it weren't for popcorn, movie theaters would go out of business. Or, more likely, renegotiate their contracts with movie distributors. They make SO MUCH money off popcorn, charging dollars for something that cost them pennies, that it's hard to think of a more profitable food product. I don't waste my money on it. But... I have a frequent-watcher card for one local theater chain, so every once in a while they give me free popcorn, which is fun. I rented a couple of Oscar nominated movies yesterday and will make some homemade popcorn to munch while watching the DVDs.