Popping/Cracking Sound

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by aaron.lee2006, Jul 27, 2006.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Hello, I am running bootcamp on my Macbook Pro 1.83. I installed BF2 on it and ghost recon ad vanced warfighter. I have sound but with this strange and very annoying cracking/popping sound. I reall want this fixed so I can play my games. It is fine in COD2 and in Counter-Strike 1.6. Does anyone have any ideas this is making me mad :(

2. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I found that BF2 and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter use the same sound system, does anyone know why this isn't working out for me?

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I think it's probably because it's set to a smaller buffer size than the sound card can handle. Windows is very very poor at managing audio hardware. I really can't help much further than that.

If you can find a way of increasing the latency on the sound, then you should be in buisness. Sounds a bit scary, but if you google it, I'm sure there will be a way of doing it....

4. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

5 have looked everywhere with no luck, I find that it is generally people with intel procesors hve the issue and AMD users do not. Later on hopefully pple wil realese some new drivers. I will try to find a workaround for this issue. Thanks for your input it does help somewhat.

5. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

Its just the drivers.