port replicator for my MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by schmintan, Mar 14, 2007.

1. schmintan macrumors regular

looking for a port replicator for my MBP. im guessing it will have to be usb, but i want DVI output from it. i cant find anything online. has anyone here ever come across such a product?

2. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

The only port replicators for macs are called bookendz (http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.125/.f ) Unfortunately, they plug into each individual port on the computer and I'm not sure if they have them for macbooks or macbook pros. They run about $150

3. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but does anybody know why Apple doesn't make dockable laptops? They used to (pre-Jobs days I think) and every other major notebook on the market has a dock option.

4. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

I'd LOVE something like this----> http://www.belkin.com/highspeeddock/ , too bad it seems to be only Windows compatible. I like it b/c it connects via ExpressCard slot, and it supports DVI (albeit only up to 1600x1200--I'd need something that supports 1920x1200 at a minimum); this would be a perfect solution for my MBP..

5. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

That looks sweet. To bad it doesn't seem to have mac support. :eek:

6. james2002 macrumors newbie

Bookendz in May

Bookendz has a dock listed for the 17" MBP that supposed to start selling this month.

www.bookendz.com

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB